Why doesn't the attack button work sometimes with 2-handed weapons?

#1GameeshPosted 4/8/2012 3:31:32 PM
I maxed one-handed so I'm switching to 2-handed (on weaker enemies) for some extra skill+ and to still be able to gain some main level.
However... whenever I hit the attack button (R1 in my case) sometimes my character just doesn't swing. I have to tap it several times before he takes a swing. Power attacks work all the time though. Is this a handicap for 2-handed weapons? One-handed weapons swung every time I pushed the attack button...
---
UMvC3 team: Wright (y) / Shuma-Gorath (a) / She-Hulk (b)
FFXI server: Phoenix (Galka BLU & PUP for 10 years now)
#2elielitePosted 4/8/2012 3:35:33 PM
Ive noticed the same. With one handed a light tap will swing the weapon, but a two hander needs a more firm press. Either our controlers are old or the game is factoring a heavier weapon lol
#3IamI3rianPosted 4/8/2012 4:48:12 PM
elielite posted...
Ive noticed the same. With one handed a light tap will swing the weapon, but a two hander needs a more firm press. Either our controlers are old or the game is factoring a heavier weapon lol

I have 2 PS3's... long story, but I have this problem too. I loaded up the game with a brand new controller, and it still happens. It's not an old controller issue, it's got something to do with coding.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Chuck Norris doesn't take arrows in the knee, arrows take Chuck Norris knee in the shaft.
#4SteminPosted 4/8/2012 5:04:06 PM(edited)
Not only that, but you have to completely stop attacking and stop doing anything to switch over to block with L1. Two handed fighting is glitched. I brought this up months ago when some guy was trying to claim the Longhammer was the best weapon in the game.

I'll stick with my sword (one-hander). I try to use trainers to level up skills I don't intend to use often. It's a shame you can't train after level 90.
#5DocDeliciousPosted 4/8/2012 10:28:16 PM
Never had these problems myself. Obviously it attacks a little slower but...not like it just stops working. N blocks are pretty much instantaneous. Switches from weapon to spells and back faster than 1h/shield too.

So the question is; Which one is the way it's supposed to be? Is mine broken to the point that it's too good or is yours broken to the point that it's too bad? Maybe they're both broken and the way it should be is something completely different...we'll never know...
---
I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy.