Ok, Ebony Blade Questions

#1RushFan123456Posted 4/8/2012 4:05:38 PM
I am playing as a 2h character (have about 60 in the 2h skill) and around 20 or so in 1h. I just got the ebony blade. I am well aware of all its issues and bugs and whatnot, but what I want to know is, does the damage not increase by leveling up 1h? Since 1h is the skill from which its damage is derived, why is it that training said skill doesn't seem to affect the damage at all?

If someone could shed ANY light on this mystery I'd be very grateful. I am desperately trying to use it as the enchantment is fantastic and unlimited as well as its speed, but I need it to have a higher damage.

Should I just give up on the weapon?
---
My absolute favorite Rush song of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYSW73GWRUw&feature=related
#2IamI3rianPosted 4/8/2012 4:46:38 PM
RushFan123456 posted...
I am playing as a 2h character (have about 60 in the 2h skill) and around 20 or so in 1h. I just got the ebony blade. I am well aware of all its issues and bugs and whatnot, but what I want to know is, does the damage not increase by leveling up 1h? Since 1h is the skill from which its damage is derived, why is it that training said skill doesn't seem to affect the damage at all?

If someone could shed ANY light on this mystery I'd be very grateful. I am desperately trying to use it as the enchantment is fantastic and unlimited as well as its speed, but I need it to have a higher damage.

Should I just give up on the weapon?

It has been suggested that the patch "fixed" it to only work on 2 handed skills/perks now. I do NOT have any type of confirmation on this though.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Chuck Norris doesn't take arrows in the knee, arrows take Chuck Norris knee in the shaft.
#3RushFan123456(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2012 5:57:40 PM
I can confirm that that isn't true. All other 2h weapons do around 50-60 while this does only 14. I really hate Bethesda for releasing broken content...
---
My absolute favorite Rush song of all time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYSW73GWRUw&feature=related
#4Oni_TatsujinPosted 4/8/2012 6:33:46 PM
Ebony Blade's damage will go up if you put skill points into that first One Handed perk, and wear Fortify One Handed enchantments.

The Ebony Blade will get bonuses from other two handed perks, like the decreased stamina cost for power attacks or the critical hit chance... But the damage WON'T increase from the first Two Handed perk.
---
"The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA."
www.youtube.com/user/Terrafuror - Gimme a view ;)