Question about the Ebony Blade.....

#1jaymefilhoPosted 4/10/2012 8:40:20 PM
I just got this sword and killed the ten NPCs to get it complete, heard the Daedric lord message saying the swrod was whole again... But the damage listed in the weapon's menu did not changed (it is still saying it does 17 damage). I looked some videos and photos around the web showing the same weapon with 30 damage in the menu. Is it a glitch from my game? Is it because I did not invest much perks in one handed or two handed weapons (is doing this alter the damage in the menu of any weapon)?
Thanks for the help.
#2SephirothePosted 4/10/2012 9:20:44 PM
It increases the strength of the enchantment on the weapon.
---
"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world." - Buddah
#3whiteredeyePosted 4/11/2012 7:34:55 AM
It increases the power of the health absorbing effect it has on enemies. You will get a higher attack power by leveling the skill/perks. It is listed as a two handed weapon, but its power/speed is similar to a one handed weapon, and for some reason its damage is derived from one handed skill/perks/enchantments but using it levels the two handed skill. (according to the wiki) http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ebony_Blade_%28Skyrim%29
#4lastjusticePosted 4/11/2012 5:48:00 PM
It's true as I noticed with all my one handed gear I could equip the Ebony blade and do decent damage to raise my two handed damage. If I worn two handed damage % gear it did nothing for it. Since I went thru the game using 1 handed wepaons, it was a good way score some extra exp.
---
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice
#5jaymefilho(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 7:09:16 PM
So.... If I understood correctly.... If I put perks in one handed weapons, this 17 damage listed in the weapon's menu will go higher?
#6lastjusticePosted 4/11/2012 8:33:03 PM
Correct. Also if you equip gear that increases your one handed damage it will increase. It's a goofy weapon , but since Im guessing most people use 1 handed weapons, it benefits people farming exp on the secondary style without having dump more perk points to make it morderately useable.. If you re a true two handed user, then theres far better options.
---
"Laws only exist when there's someone there to uphold them."
PSN:Lastjustice