so its smithing imposible to lvl now?

#1WingZeroDSTPosted 4/12/2012 11:09:27 PM
i have made like 60 iron daggers, different jewelry, glass weapons/armors, and i got like 1% of lvl 86, is the formula for leveling messed up or does this just happens to me? the whole "level gain based on item value" doesnt do much difference to me when everything gives around 0.01%
#2JiminipPosted 4/12/2012 11:25:05 PM
No, you just have to smith higher level gear, glass swords are pretty good.

Also I noticed yesterday that buffing glass swords seems to get you more XP than just creating them.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#3WingZeroDST(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 11:37:05 PM
what % do you get from a glass at around lvl80? i barely see the difference, like enchanting something with a grand and a petty soul.
#4JiminipPosted 4/12/2012 11:40:26 PM
WingZeroDST posted...
what % do you get from a glass at around lvl80? i barely see the difference, like enchanting something with a grand and a petty soul.

When I say buff I mean smith buff it to legendary, don't know about the percentages, I just buy up all the refined moonstone and refined malachite whenever I'm in Whiterun, create a load of glass swords then buff them all to legendary then sell them.

It worked pretty well for me.
---
Hey, a butterfly! Aw, look at those beautiful wings flappin. But, uh oh, here comes ka-slice!
#5Silent_Snake666Posted 4/13/2012 2:29:21 AM
I literally did iron daggers and leather bracers all the way to 100 and that worked fine.. Got 100 in a couple of days with oy a few hours playing each day
---
3DS friend code: 4940-5765-6493 Loved MGS 3D spurred me on to Play MGS 4 ... AGAIN!
#6DocDeliciousPosted 4/13/2012 3:10:26 AM
Said this in a couple different topics now but I leveled smithing from around 25 to 100 in one sit-down crafting nothing but iron daggers. Took the exact same amount post-patch that it did pre (a little over 400 with the Warrior Stone).
Collecting Gold on another character atm to test 25-100 using only Gold Rings to see what the difference in the number of crafts needed is.

Also, apparently it is completely ass backwards from how it's supposed to be but I ended up with 3 different stacks of daggers each with a different value (one stack of 10g each, one 11g, and one 12g). So it's quite possible that my smithing is currently bugged so you can take my findings at face value if you wish.
---
I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy.
#7Ranma0709Posted 4/13/2012 3:12:46 AM
Got to level 100 yesterday just smith ebony and daedric gear after level 70 but before that just hit up armors of any kind it takes a good chunck of level out. I have no idea why eveyone keeps talking about iron daggers it almost does nothing.

O and if you have the gold just go from whiterun to markarth to solitude and buy all the stuff from the smiths and then make armors and sell it back for a mint. You should only lose about 500 gold everytime.
---
---
Ranma0709
#8RykchazPosted 4/13/2012 3:57:57 AM
In the last few days I lvled smithing to 100 using warrior stone, lover's comfort rested bonus and Ancient Knowledge bonus from the quest in Riften. I then tried the iron dagger method only seeing a few levels worth after 70 with about 400 daggers. I found the best way for me was Glass Bows because they have a high value of 850 I believe and only require 1 refined moonstone and 2 refined malachite. Gold necklaces were good as well the bows just seemed much faster to me.
#9drclaeysPosted 4/13/2012 4:39:47 AM
Friends,

NOPE!. Harder yep, impossible, nope.

it really was kinda messed up before. you should not be able to smith the simplest things, and get easily to 100. of course I never agree with tweeks that make games HARDER, this one is understandable.

Getting all the rest of the skills to 100 takes some WORK. so they should take about the SAME amount of work.

People have stated above, Higher level gear. But someone also did it with STILL iron daggers. Just MOre then before. so it still sounds do-able that way.

Enjoy.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#10AlessarPosted 4/13/2012 6:02:59 AM
I went from 85-90 in a short period of time making expensive jewelry with gems (stuff that values for 500 up, not just gold rings), Orcish body armor, Orcish helmet, a few ebony weapons (that I was actually going to use), I tempered everything as well (it outright doubled the body armor value).