Relationship between radiant and miscellaneous quests...

#1ZenGamer64Posted 4/14/2012 12:15:40 PM
Do all radiant quests go in the misc category? Or not at all? Are misc quests just nice things to do?

I'm trying to get a handle on the quest log structure and it is giving my OCD and completist tendencies fits.
---
No self, no problems.
#2HyperShadow4321Posted 4/14/2012 12:24:25 PM
Radiant quests usually show up on your main quest list, to my knowledge. They can be play over and over, and are usually only a little different each time.

Many miscellaneous quests tend to be small things like defeating groups of bandits, defeating a dragon, collecting particular items for NPCs. They also often lead into larger quests, such as joining the imperial legion, having a drinking competition with sam, etc.

I usually just put priority on the quests under the main list, and check out the misc quests when I don't feel like doing any of my other quests, or have nothing else to do.
#3DocDeliciousPosted 4/14/2012 1:05:16 PM
Some misc quests are radiant. Some aren't. Even some of the faction/side quests are radiant. The Job (Animal Extermination, Shill Job etc) and the Bounty quests are really the only ones you'd ever be able to tell are radiant without multiple playthroughs. Basically all a radiant quest does is follow some kind of formula (go *place* and *verb* *noun*) and randomly pulls each variable from a list specific to that quest to create something slightly different each time.
---
I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy.
#4SteminPosted 4/14/2012 5:22:29 PM
ZenGamer64 posted...
Do all radiant quests go in the misc category? Or not at all? Are misc quests just nice things to do?

I'm trying to get a handle on the quest log structure and it is giving my OCD and completist tendencies fits.

Good luck with that. There's no categorizing them. Radiant quest doesn't just mean quests that repeat themselves. The Radiant quest system also chooses different dungeons for certain questst that remain the same, or what item to fetch for what person.