Skyrim is the best hunting game.

#1MercuryPSPPosted 4/17/2012 11:13:03 AM
I swear, I could spend days just hunting stuff. Collecting antlers for potions, venison for some awesome stew, and of course the hides for my leather smithing. Nothing goes to waste! An occasional bear just gives me more hides and bear claws! Sabre Cats are a little scary, along with trolls, but they also have some valuable ingredients.

Even fishing is fun! Although I would like to use a pole...role playing with my Khajiit trying to grab salmon close to the river is always fun. I've spent about 30 hours on this character and barely traveled anywhere outside The Rift. Much more fun then my mage character I used to blast through the game.

Point being, take your time with the game, try not to fast travel AT ALL. Enjoy the scenery and wildlife, it may surprise you at how fun the simple life can be.

Food is not pointless. Venison Stew is amazing.
---
PSN: MercuryEQ
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/MercuryEQ
#2The_Ecstatic329Posted 4/17/2012 11:16:21 AM
It is fun, but I'd have to say I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption the most when it came to hunting.
---
It's spelled ridiculous not rediculous.
#3amanyxPosted 4/17/2012 11:23:47 AM
I too have poured hours into this game hunting and the like. :) It's one of Skyrim's best features. Really lets you experience the atmosphere. Bethesda really did well on the atmosphere, IMO.
---
We fight or we die -- that's the plan.
#4MercuryPSP(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 11:24:31 AM
The_Ecstatic329 posted...
It is fun, but I'd have to say I enjoyed Red Dead Redemption the most when it came to hunting.

Yea, it was fun in RDR, especially the variety. But outside of the challenges, there really was no point to it. Money was extremely easy to come by, and you were better off collecting ammo. The variety of wildlife was amazing though, wish it had that in Skyrim. Snakes, raccoons, skunks, beavers, etc.

Thing about Skyrim is, the best way to obtain leather IS to go on a hunting trip. Or to find antlers for potions (rarely sold in alchemy shops in my experience). Venison, although can be bought from some vendors in cities, ALWAYS drops from a killed elk. And I will say it again, Venison Stew....is amazing.
---
#5drclaeysPosted 4/17/2012 11:28:20 AM
Friends,

Skyrim truely gives you that OPEN WORLD feeling. Go anywhere, at anytime.

no hidden walls, no stuck on a rail story. Just lots and lots of open-ness.

When you step out of that beginning cave/dungeon, its almost overwelming, the not knowing WHAT to do.

later, you dont want to end. You just want to do quests for EVER!.

Alot of thought was put into this game. No one ever complains about that.

I also level up my smithing, with a majority of pelts, into leather bracers. not really the iron dagger route. all the way to 100. Just getting stuff for FREE is kinda fun.

Thank you for sharing.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#6MercuryPSP(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2012 11:39:57 AM
drclaeys posted...
Friends,

no hidden walls, no stuck on a rail story. Just lots and lots of open-ness.

When you step out of that beginning cave/dungeon, its almost overwelming, the not knowing WHAT to do.

later, you dont want to end. You just want to do quests for EVER!.

Alot of thought was put into this game. No one ever complains about that.

I also level up my smithing, with a majority of pelts, into leather bracers. not really the iron dagger route. all the way to 100. Just getting stuff for FREE is kinda fun.

Thank you for sharing.

Although I think we share the same philosophy on this outstanding game....I agree with other people in that you need to drop the "Friends, ...." deal. Please, for the sake of all of us.
---
#7Tru_To_The_GamePosted 4/17/2012 12:01:01 PM
MercuryPSP posted...
drclaeys posted...
Friends,

Although I think we share the same philosophy on this outstanding game....I agree with other people in that you need to drop the "Friends, ...." deal. Please, for the sake of all of us.

No way! More people need a more distinctive voice in their posts. Too many sound like they could be all from the same person, some lonely, angry, hate-filled person, usually. While using 'Friends' in all posts kinda makes it seem insincere, at least it's different.
Now to think of my own intro...
#8jayman1305Posted 4/17/2012 12:09:51 PM
i agree, hunting is so much fun. i love spending hours trying to arrow dears. i love how animals make skyrim feel more alive and they serve tripple purpose: food, potion ingrediant and raw material for making armour and weapons.
#9flintstonerPosted 4/17/2012 1:01:55 PM
I agree nothing wrong with the friends intro. Much better than reading negative complaining posts. The doc is cool and also a friend of the skyrim world. Dont like it, move on with the rest of the grumps.
#10FLAWLESSCROWNSPosted 4/17/2012 4:23:15 PM
Yeah i hunt all the time. I really wish you could have a house out in the wilderness tho.
---
http://www.damnlol.com/pics/225/41648574c040cb4ff5fa052369c63dc5.gif