Post 1.5 Patch Skill Grinding Guide.

#1XxKrebsxXPosted 4/25/2012 10:53:15 AM
First, I'd like to give credit to Scorption122178 for his great guide. His guide was an inspiration and many of my methods are adopted from his methods.

For Scorpion122178's guide, please follow this link:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62001291

As of patch 1.5 changes, all these grind methods work.

Also, please use the guardian stones to gain the XP bonus for the skills you intend to grind. Well rested bonus also helps.

FORTIFY RESTORATION LOOP EXPLOIT WARING!!!!

Also, please use the fortify restoration exploit only as I've stated. This can and will irreparably mess your game up if done wrong. The warning is there and if used how I wrote you won't have any problems.

Alchemy, Smithing, Enchanting, and Speech

If you haven't grinded any of these skills, start with Enchanting as it will be needed to get Alchemy which is then needed to grind Smithing which will grind speech for you.

So, lets begin with Enchanting.

Enchanting:
For this skill, we're going to need soul gems. A lot of soul gems. Fortunately, we have access to an infinite supply right at the beginning at Dawnstar. The Khajit trader Ahkari stops to sell her wares here. Fortunately, her mechant chest is also glitched and accessible from Dawnstar.

If you don't know how to find Ahkari's merchant chest, go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znf6qjb428o

Now, we will use a trick to farm her soul gems. Wait until Ahkari is at Dawnstar. When she is, go to her chest and take all filled soul gems. Then, run back to Ahkari. Save the game and attack her. Reload your save. Her gold and inventory will reset. Go back to chest and take gems and repeat until necessary. From here, just enchant the crap out of everything.

Easy source of crap to enchant? Go pre patch 1.5 and smith iron daggers and enchant them.

Alchemy:
Here we will use the fortify restoration loop. The loop requires a set of armor enchanting with fortify alchemy. Then you're going to make a potion of fortify restoration (Abecean Longfish or Cyrodilic Spadetail + Salt Pile). Once you have the potion, unequip your fortify alchemy gear, drink potion, equip gear and make another fortify restoration potion. Then, unequip gear, drink potion, equip gear, and make another.

Then when you have the desired strength, make a potion using one Wheat and one Giant's toe. Instant 100 on this skill.

By the way, save a few of these strong potions for future grinding. Like Smithing.

Smithing:
If you guys have noticed, patch 1.5 will no longer allow you to make iron daggers to quickly level this to 100. Who cares? My method is faster than pre-patch Iron Dagger assembly lines. You see, post 1.5 patch the value of the item created or upgraded will determine how fast your skill increases. Notice I bolded the word 'upgraded.' Here comes the need for Alchemy.

Same concept as Alchemy. We're going to use one strong fortify restoration potion that I hope you saved when grinding Alchemy. Make a suit of fortify smithing armor and drink the fortify resoration potion. Equip your gear and upgrade a weapon or piece of armor.

If you notice it's value will be in the millions with obscenely ridiculous stats. Also, you should notice you went from whatever level in smithing to 100 in smithing in an instant. Keep this item, you're going to need it to grind speech.

Speech:
Post 1.5 patch no longer allows you to enter a conversation loop with Ungrien in the Black-Briar meadery that has a persuade check. Again, who cares? My method is faster. Remember the piece of armor or weapon you saved to get smithing to 100? Sell it to a merchant. Easiest 100 ever.
---
The U
1983 - 1987 - 1989 - 1991 - 2001
#2XxKrebsxX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 10:54:02 AM
Now to grind the skills that fall into the way of the Thief.

These skills are Sneak, Pickpocket, Light Armor, and Lockpick.

Sneak:
First, I'd like to mention that using dual daggers and dual power attack when hidden is the fastest method of gaining increase in skill. Also, put the game on master so your weapons will not knock your target down to his knees as fast. The daggers you choose should be unsmithed and unenchanted to do the least damage possible.

This skill can be increased a number of ways. One is at the beginning of the game. Simply equip dual iron daggers and sneak power attack the person you're following through Helgen (Either Hadvar or Ralof). They cannot die and will not go hostile. Easy 100.

If you didn't do it then but have NOT started the civil war questline, Ralof and Hadvar are still in Riverwood. Ralof will be in Hod and Gerdur's house and Hadvar in Alvor's house.

When in these houses, both characters cannot be killed but can go hostile. However, if you wait until Hadvar or Ralof are alone in the house, you can still sneak powerattack with dual daggers and if you remain hidden, they won't go hostile.

Lastly, if you have started the civil war quest line, you can use the Greybeards at High Hrothgar. They won't go hostile so long as you remain hidden.

If that fails for reason I will not spoil and the Greybeard are inaccessible post main quest line, use Shadowmere.

Pickpocket:
Reverse pickpocket gold onto a target. Then, pickpocket the gold back. Easy 100. Experiment to see how much amount of gold is optimal for you.

Light Armor:
Like Heavy Armor, the amount of XP you gain when getting hit with Light Armor equipped is determined by how hard you're being hit. For example, a skeever will level you up slower than a bandit with a steel mace. For this reason, Giants are your best friend.

Put the game on novice and head to Secunda's Kiss.

http://www.uesp.net/maps/srmap/srmap.shtml?centeron=Secunda%27s+Kiss

Here, there are two Giants. Allow them to strike you. You'll level to 100 in about 20 to 30 minutes.

Lockpicking: On this skill, I refer you to Scorpion's original guide. I don't know of any way to quickly and efficiently level this skill.
---
The U
#3XxKrebsxX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 10:54:28 AM
The following skills fall under the way of the warrior.

These skills are Block, Heavy Armor, One Handed, Two Handed, and Archery.

Block:
Same concept as Light Armor. Use the two giants at Secunda's Kiss and allow them to strike you when you have your shield up. Should only take 30 minutes to get to 100.

Heavy Armor:
Same exact strategy with Light Armor. Equip Heavy Armor and go to Secunda's Kiss.

One Haned, Two Handed, and Archery:
Conjuring and attacking your conjurs helps but is still slow. Best way? Get Daedric class weapons (Skill is determined by highest base damage from weapon used) and attack Shadowmere. Scorption's method is best. If you don't have or cannot smith Daedric weapons use conjured weapons as they are consided Daedric class.

For Archery, make use of Scorpion's suggestion at Angi's Camp.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Angi

Side note, these skills are increased by base damage. An unsmithed Daedric weapon doing 80 damage is the same as a Daedric weapon smithed to do 500+ damage; use the unsmited version to save yourself the wait of Shadowmere needing to regenerate health.
---
The U
#4XxKrebsxX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:33:12 AM(edited)
Lastly, the skills that fall under the way of the mage.

These skills are Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Illusion, and Restoration.

Side note. Use enchanting to make armor that reduces the cost of a spell's school of magic to 0% to quickly level these up. Also, the fastest way to level is to dual cast. If you don't have the perk dual cast in a spell's school of magic perk tree, simply equipping the spell on both hands works just as well. Lastly, the level of a spell determines how fast the skill raises. For example, in Destruction Incinerate >>>>>> Flames in terms of leveling.

Alteration:
Fastest way I found was Oak, Stone, Iron, or Ebony flesh spells. Simply get aggro from a an enemy (Any enemy) and cast the spell repeatedly.

Mace22 Suggestion: Once available, use paralysis to quickly level up. Tolfdir at the College of Winterhold should begin selling this spell at around level 65 of Alteration.

Conjuration:
Dual cast bound sword when aggro'd from an enemy.

Mace22 Method: Cast soul trap on a corpse repeatedly.

Destruction:
Use Shadowmere and use the highest level spell available to you. Remember, Expert > Adept > Apprentice > Novice in terms of leveling

Illusion:
Get a follower and dual cast him/her with a courage spell. Courage (Novice), and Rally (Adept) are the spells you're going to use.

Mace22 Method: Once available, cast muffle on self to level up.

Restoration:
This one is a pain in the ass. Use Scorpion's method of aquiring Equilibrium and equipping that into one hand and a healing spell in the other. Once you reach level 60 or 70 (I don't remember which) Colette Marence at the College of Winterhold will begin selling expert level spells.

Get Circle of Protection. Go to a home and dual cast it repeatedly for quick level gains. No aggro from an enemy neccessary. How perfect.
---
The U
#5Mace22Posted 4/25/2012 11:01:34 AM
You recommend spell spamming in a few places but not for Conjuration and Alteration, why is that? It's faster. Conjuration you can just soul trap corpses and alteration gets several spammable spells after 50ish proficiency.
---
"Because the world isn't as bad as you think it is." - Celty Sturluson
#6XxKrebsxX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:03:48 AM
Mace22 posted...
You recommend spell spamming in a few places but not for Conjuration and Alteration, why is that? It's faster. Conjuration you can just soul trap corpses and alteration gets several spammable spells after 50ish proficiency.

I've heard of the Soul Trap method but never tried it. I didn't want to post what I wasn't sure on. For Alteration, which spells are you referring to?
---
The U
#7Mace22Posted 4/25/2012 11:14:22 AM
Transmute early on (iron ore -> gold jewelry isn't bad for Blacksmithing either) Telekinesis and Detect Life. I think I'm forgetting one as well.

Oh, and Muffle is also decent for Illusion, out of combat, alone.
---
"Because the world isn't as bad as you think it is." - Celty Sturluson
#8DocDeliciousPosted 4/25/2012 11:23:13 AM
Not trying to knock all your hard work...it's a pretty good guide...but there are faster ways to level a lot of the skills.

The other dood's guide is terrible however. "Powerleveling" how he wants you to you'll have beaten the entire game before you hit 81 lol.
---
I'm not a man, I'm a weapon in human form. Just unsheathe me and point me at the enemy.
#9XxKrebsxX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:29:17 AM
Mace22 posted...
Transmute early on (iron ore -> gold jewelry isn't bad for Blacksmithing either) Telekinesis and Detect Life. I think I'm forgetting one as well.

Oh, and Muffle is also decent for Illusion, out of combat, alone.

After looking around, you're 100% right. Muffle and Soul Trap are more effective and easier. I'll go ahead and add that to the guide as your contribution.
---
The U
#10XxKrebsxX(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:34:48 AM
DocDelicious posted...
Not trying to knock all your hard work...it's a pretty good guide...but there are faster ways to level a lot of the skills.

The other dood's guide is terrible however. "Powerleveling" how he wants you to you'll have beaten the entire game before you hit 81 lol.

If you don't mind, if you know of better ways please post. I know I don't have the best or most effective I'm sure but I hope that this topic can be built upon contributions of many. Mace22 has already begun aiding with his inputs.
---
The U