The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Fences won't buy stolen ****

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Fences won't buy stolen ****

User Info: cantcomplain18

cantcomplain18
4 years ago#1
Just visited Enthir with about 60 lbs worth of stolen potions and ingredients. I go to sell them, and nome of them are showing up. Same with the thieves guild fence.

I tried stealing something from every category but they won't take a thing. Any suggestions?
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
(message deleted)

User Info: Machines_Of_Dog

Machines_Of_Dog
4 years ago#3
cantcomplain18 posted...
Just visited Enthir with about 60 lbs worth of stolen potions and ingredients. I go to sell them, and nome of them are showing up. Same with the thieves guild fence.

I tried stealing something from every category but they won't take a thing. Any suggestions?

have you been back to the flagon?

perhaps you have inadvertently killed a TG member....

oh, and ignore the guy who said you need a perk BTW (obviously)
"As an idiot, I find this topic awesome." ~ kcheung5440
Currently: FFXIII - don't ask...

User Info: Luiman04

Luiman04
4 years ago#4
Machines_Of_Dog posted...
cantcomplain18 posted...

have you been back to the flagon?

perhaps you have inadvertently killed a TG member....

oh, and ignore the guy who said you need a perk BTW (obviously)

This. Talk to either delvin or brynjoff.

cantcomplain18
4 years ago#5
Brynyolf just tells me hes too busy to talk to me, and Delvin only wants to give base level work to the head of the.thieves guild. Do I have to do delvin and vex oddjobs before I can fence?
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett

User Info: Madcapunlimited

Madcapunlimited
4 years ago#6
yeah, I thought you needed to do a few of the little ones, then do the big ones and then the fences open up, no?
No freezes or lag in Skyrim, Fallout 3 or New Vegas. No freezes in DCUO's summer of freezing. Yeah, my PS3 is just plain better than yours. Deal with it.
(message deleted)

User Info: HyperShadow4321

HyperShadow4321
4 years ago#8
That's really odd. Were you able to buy from them in the past?

cantcomplain18
4 years ago#9
Madcapunlimited posted...
yeah, I thought you needed to do a few of the little ones, then do the big ones and then the fences open up, no?

Maybe. I just plugged through the main Thieve's Guild quests without bothering to do Vex or Delvin's jobs. Worth trying to finish em. Maybe delete game data should that be a bust and see if that fixes anything.

And yeah, I could buy from the fences, they just refuse to do business in stolen goods for some infuriating reason. I take it a method of untagging stolen items doesn't exist? that mighg save me some trouble.

User Info: SturmTempest

SturmTempest
4 years ago#10
You need to speak the woman in the Ragged Flaggon, not Brynjolf.
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Fences won't buy stolen ****

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived