The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Fences won't buy stolen ****

#1cantcomplain18Posted 4/27/2012 10:53:51 AM
Just visited Enthir with about 60 lbs worth of stolen potions and ingredients. I go to sell them, and nome of them are showing up. Same with the thieves guild fence.

I tried stealing something from every category but they won't take a thing. Any suggestions?
---
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
#2IchigoNamikazePosted 4/27/2012 11:15:00 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Machines_Of_DogPosted 4/27/2012 11:22:03 AM
cantcomplain18 posted...
Just visited Enthir with about 60 lbs worth of stolen potions and ingredients. I go to sell them, and nome of them are showing up. Same with the thieves guild fence.

I tried stealing something from every category but they won't take a thing. Any suggestions?

have you been back to the flagon?

perhaps you have inadvertently killed a TG member....

oh, and ignore the guy who said you need a perk BTW (obviously)
---
"As an idiot, I find this topic awesome." ~ kcheung5440
Currently: FFXIII - don't ask...
#4Luiman04Posted 4/27/2012 11:43:08 AM
Machines_Of_Dog posted...
cantcomplain18 posted...

have you been back to the flagon?

perhaps you have inadvertently killed a TG member....

oh, and ignore the guy who said you need a perk BTW (obviously)

This. Talk to either delvin or brynjoff.
#5cantcomplain18(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 11:49:33 AM
Brynyolf just tells me hes too busy to talk to me, and Delvin only wants to give base level work to the head of the.thieves guild. Do I have to do delvin and vex oddjobs before I can fence?
---
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
#6MadcapunlimitedPosted 4/27/2012 12:14:50 PM
yeah, I thought you needed to do a few of the little ones, then do the big ones and then the fences open up, no?
---
No freezes or lag in Skyrim, Fallout 3 or New Vegas. No freezes in DCUO's summer of freezing. Yeah, my PS3 is just plain better than yours. Deal with it.
#7HyperShadow4321Posted 4/27/2012 12:15:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8HyperShadow4321Posted 4/27/2012 12:17:01 PM
That's really odd. Were you able to buy from them in the past?
#9cantcomplain18(Topic Creator)Posted 4/27/2012 8:38:24 PM
Madcapunlimited posted...
yeah, I thought you needed to do a few of the little ones, then do the big ones and then the fences open up, no?

Maybe. I just plugged through the main Thieve's Guild quests without bothering to do Vex or Delvin's jobs. Worth trying to finish em. Maybe delete game data should that be a bust and see if that fixes anything.

And yeah, I could buy from the fences, they just refuse to do business in stolen goods for some infuriating reason. I take it a method of untagging stolen items doesn't exist? that mighg save me some trouble.
---
#10SturmTempestPosted 4/27/2012 8:55:34 PM
You need to speak the woman in the Ragged Flaggon, not Brynjolf.
---
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE