Game Keeps Freezing...

#1schweedubzPosted 4/28/2012 9:40:56 PM
Playing the PS3 version suprise suprise. I'm starting a new game and when I try and enter the water outside of Riverwood my game freezes. I've deleted all my old savings already. I've never seen this happen before consistently...any ideas? Thanks.
#2SteminPosted 4/28/2012 9:45:16 PM
Here's an idea. Do a search.
#3SPMcKinneyPosted 4/28/2012 9:47:47 PM
Its caused by the new patch dunno if theres a fix
---
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur! :: "Today is a good day for someone else to die!"
GT & PSN: SPMcKinney [Don't have a PS3 though :-( ]
#4Claimh_SoliasPosted 4/28/2012 9:50:21 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim?search=water
---
Ma num gagis aulla yor mahin syunaht yor zadius Unclench your fist, dissolve your hatred.
...Orator of Ar Ciel...
#5blackthunder329Posted 4/28/2012 10:01:28 PM
SPMcKinney posted...

Um, no. It's been happening since the beginning.
---
PSN Name Black-Thunder3
There are cheats for pc games??- cheatermaster
#6Claimh_SoliasPosted 4/28/2012 10:12:08 PM
blackthunder329 posted...
SPMcKinney posted...

Um, no. It's been happening since the beginning.

Incorrect, freezing when entering water was brought about by patch 1.5 as a result of the improvement to the underwater visuals.
---
Ma num gagis aulla yor mahin syunaht yor zadius Unclench your fist, dissolve your hatred.
...Orator of Ar Ciel...
#7BauerKillzPosted 4/28/2012 11:04:35 PM
There IS a fix and I guarantee you it will work. I used this fix myself and can confirm that this will INDEFINITELY fix your issues.

Here's what you do.

Go to your GAME DATA utility in your PS3 XMB / main screen. Make SURE you do NOT mix this up with your SAVED GAMR utility, as this is different.

Look for and delete your SKYRIM PATCH update information, and then your Skyrim data itself.

When you try to start the game afterwards, it will begin downloading patch 1.05 again, followed immediately by reinstalling Skyrim to your system. This is EXACTLY what you want.

Once complete, your issues with freezing in water will be gone FOR GOOD. Apparently there is an issue with the new patch and the old patch information that causes freezing when entering water due to the work done on the new underwater environs.

This is a CONFIRMED fix and I can personally attest to it's effectiveness. Load your save when you're done and enjoy Skyrim!

Let us know how it goes bro!
#8SPMcKinneyPosted 4/28/2012 11:29:48 PM
Claimh_Solias posted...
Incorrect, freezing when entering water was brought about by patch 1.5 as a result of the improvement to the underwater visuals.

I knew I wasn't wrong :D thanks for the confirmation :D
---
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur! :: "Today is a good day for someone else to die!"
GT & PSN: SPMcKinney [Don't have a PS3 though :-( ]
#9IamI3rianPosted 4/29/2012 12:00:15 AM
BauerKillz posted...
The solution to the problem

Do that three times a day. You'll end up ignoring it like me (unhelpfully) or being a total jerk (like Stemin who provided the fix first).

While you feel good now, in two weeks you'll hate these people. The last answer is on page 2. There are 4 fixes on page 3, and I didn't check 4. There's even 2 topics about it on the xbox board, and it DOESN'T happen on their system.

I honestly feel like I'm the only one who EVER checks stuff out before making a topic. This is obviously because the people who DO don't make topics, but come on.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Stole the mudcrab 500!
#10Claimh_SoliasPosted 4/29/2012 12:14:58 AM
SPMcKinney posted...
Claimh_Solias posted...

I knew I wasn't wrong :D thanks for the confirmation :D

I dislike when people try to correct someone who's right without knowing what they are talking about.

As for IamI3rian's post: This is exactly why I don't make topics. Most of my questions are answered with a search, or there is a topic with a discussion that has something to do with something I want to know about, so I ask there.
---
...Orator of Ar Ciel...