3rd Times The Charm? Minor Spoilers

#1JGraves216Posted 4/29/2012 6:22:57 AM
Alright, so, I went through my last character a little fast, causing me to accidentally screw up a few missions. (Forgetting to give Aldis a copy of The Mirror before the final Civil War battle against the empire and having a copy of The Mirror forever in my pack. Forgetting to talk to Calixto before he was found to be the killer and having the Strange Amulet permanently in my pack. Accidentally taking the Amulet of Talos off of they guy and, for whatever reason, having that permanently in my pack.) I've decided to take things slow, do each mission as I get them. I've also realized that I like sniping people with a bow, which I never liked in Oblivion. I'm currently a level 5 Nord. This is going to be my one character that I do all of the DLC with. Has anyone else done multiple characters?
---
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
PSN: jjones216
#2IamI3rianPosted 4/29/2012 6:35:41 AM
I may be nitpicking here, but the phrase is "third time's charm," as in the charm of the third time. Think about it. Third time's the charm doesn't even make sense.

As for the multiple characters yes. I've got 8 or so with at least 50 hours on them. Most have more than 100.

The strange amulet isn't that bad, since you can use it to wear any two other amulets, and the necromancer's amulet you get from the mission is pretty terrible. The Talos amulet was fixed in the last patch too. So that's some good news.

Third times the charm. Lol. All of 'the' sudden? Should of?
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Stole the mudcrab 500!
#3egpNoodlezPosted 4/29/2012 7:47:31 AM
Third time's the charm doesn't even make sense.

The phrase "Third time's the charm" refers to the superstition that after two failures in any endeavor, a third attempt is more likely to succeed. This is also sometimes seen in reverse, as in "third man [to do something, presumably forbidden] gets caught".

Yeah I wikipedia'd that ****, but it does a better explanation than I can be bothered to type out.

...Honestly that pharse has been used since, well, as far as I can remember. That, and third time's charm sounds really weird as well :/
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#4IamI3rianPosted 4/29/2012 7:57:11 AM
egpNoodlez posted...
Third time's the charm doesn't even make sense.

The phrase "Third time's the charm" refers to the superstition that after two failures in any endeavor, a third attempt is more likely to succeed. This is also sometimes seen in reverse, as in "third man [to do something, presumably forbidden] gets caught".

Yeah I wikipedia'd that ****, but it does a better explanation than I can be bothered to type out.

...Honestly that pharse has been used since, well, as far as I can remember. That, and third time's charm sounds really weird as well :/

Perhaps, but the "THE" version is like octopuses. It was misused into acceptance. It however is NOT the way it came about.

It refers to the pagan belief in the magical powers of the number three. Hence Third Time's Charm... or the third time's ownership of magic. I don't rightly care what wiki said, I read that in a book before the internet even existed. :) Not that it's relevant in any way at all, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

Like all the sudden. That one really gets me, and could of will actually make me "rage quite' whatever it was that said that, be it a book article or post.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Stole the mudcrab 500!
#5JGraves216(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 8:05:48 AM
*Beats head against the wall." It's a commonly used phrase. I used it for the pupose that it's commonly used for. Can we please leave it alone?
---
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
#6egpNoodlezPosted 4/29/2012 8:06:00 AM
Interesting origins to the phrase, I'll say that. But yeah, there's a lot of this kind of thing both said and in writing, I dunno, I just sort of file it away and carry on. The only thing that really ticks me off in any of this kind of context would be the word judgment. I refuse to add the e back after the g >_>
---
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://www.ps3trophies.com/card/11/egpNoodlez.png
#7JGraves216(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 8:14:45 AM
Lol, ugh
---
#8BanthaFodderPosted 4/29/2012 9:27:28 AM
egpNoodlez posted...
Interesting origins to the phrase, I'll say that. But yeah, there's a lot of this kind of thing both said and in writing, I dunno, I just sort of file it away and carry on. The only thing that really ticks me off in any of this kind of context would be the word judgment. I refuse to add the e back after the g >_>

For someone who claims TES isn't for them you sure do post here alot
---
Patriots all set to go back to the bowl.
GoW3 35th plat. PSN Patseltsox
#9AlessarPosted 4/29/2012 2:31:57 PM
The third time is the charm[ed one] is the current and common use.
#10SPMcKinneyPosted 4/30/2012 1:18:00 AM
JGraves216 posted...
Alright, so, I went through my last character a little fast, causing me to accidentally screw up a few missions. (Forgetting to give Aldis a copy of The Mirror before the final Civil War battle against the empire and having a copy of The Mirror forever in my pack. Forgetting to talk to Calixto before he was found to be the killer and having the Strange Amulet permanently in my pack. Accidentally taking the Amulet of Talos off of they guy and, for whatever reason, having that permanently in my pack.) I've decided to take things slow, do each mission as I get them. I've also realized that I like sniping people with a bow, which I never liked in Oblivion. I'm currently a level 5 Nord. This is going to be my one character that I do all of the DLC with. Has anyone else done multiple characters?

Back on topic

I've had to many to count and everyone of them pissed me off to some extent so I killed em lol. But I know what ya mean I hate screwing up a quest and not able to fix it (was some of the reasons for the deaths lol) after...30 guys I've learned which quests can't be done at the same time and timings of the quests of course I still screw up (take my current guy). I still haven't got the 100k, 20 Shouts, 20 Dragon Souls, or 50 skill book achievements/trophies because I kill my guys so often lol. Sniping is a lot of fun huh the kill cams add something more to it but can mess up your rhythm (does for me anyway).
---
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur! :: "Today is a good day for someone else to die!"
GT & PSN: SPMcKinney [Don't have a PS3 though :-( ]