petty soul gems

#1ravus23Posted 4/29/2012 6:01:56 PM
I have soul trap enchanted on an orcish bow and I can kill mudcrabs and the like instantly. Seems like when I kill them I get a petty soul gem, but it only seems to work for petty, is this right? Having to buy them and possibly wasting them by filling the wrong soul in them seems well..wasteful. Any insight guys?
#2Haduken88Posted 4/29/2012 6:11:27 PM
the soul of what you kill is equaled to its level
if you get a petty soul trapped in a grand soul just drop it/pick it up and it will be empty again
---
"You are a fool, I'm going to crush you and throw you into the wind" -Vegeta
#3SPMcKinneyPosted 4/29/2012 8:44:22 PM
Haduken88 posted...
if you get a petty soul trapped in a grand soul just drop it/pick it up and it will be empty again

Really freaking awesome I hate wasting soul gems by trapping a small soul
---
Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur! :: "Today is a good day for someone else to die!"
GT & PSN: SPMcKinney [Don't have a PS3 though :-( ]
#4Corak42Posted 4/30/2012 5:47:41 AM
SPMcKinney posted...
Haduken88 posted...

Really freaking awesome I hate wasting soul gems by trapping a small soul

Drop the under-filled soul gem on the ground and pick it up again. For some reason, that deletes the soul without destroying the soul gem.
#5ravus23(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 8:58:53 AM
thanks for that info, it'll be great help. Appreciate it.
#6raisindotPosted 4/30/2012 11:58:26 AM
Haduken88 posted...

Really? Hot damn, I never knew this. I've got so many grand gems filled with petty souls I thought I'd never be able to use them. Woo hoo!
#7IamI3rianPosted 4/30/2012 12:01:51 PM
raisindot posted...
Haduken88 posted...

Really? Hot damn, I never knew this. I've got so many grand gems filled with petty souls I thought I'd never be able to use them. Woo hoo!

Worth mentioning it works in containers too. Also, with gems you WANT to keep filled (i.e. grand gems with grand souls). If you are carrying 10 filled soul gems and store them, if they disappear pick them back up and fill one. It will "re-fill" all of them.

Hope that helped.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Stole the mudcrab 500!