HELP?!?! Aela Screw'd Me!!

#1FadetooBlackPosted 5/1/2012 4:34:11 PM
She gave me a mission to retrieve some totem pole and came with me, but when I went into the cave, she didn't follow. I got the stinkin' thing but now I can't find her, can't complete the quest, and I CAN'T GET ANY NEW COMPANIONS!!!

What do I do? I went back to the entrance, to the companions place, still no Aela.
---
Rest in Piss
#2AmeriphPosted 5/1/2012 4:41:35 PM
1) Aela Screw'd Me!!

You're complaining why?

2) In all seriousness, try waiting a few days to see if she returns. If not, then go back and check inside the cave and the surrounding area. If you can't find her at all, assume she is dead and reload(although I think she's actually immortal unless you marry her).
---
I used to take arrows to the knee. Then someone stole my sweetroll.
#3moonlithunterPosted 5/1/2012 5:03:54 PM
Assuming you have the auto save feature on, you could try reloading a few auto saves back.... that can work wonders for this sort of thing
#4FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 5:56:29 PM
Yea no, I've gone far beyond that point already... I'm halfway thru the Thieves Guild quest now, I'm sure it's auto saved a hundred times already now.
---
Rest in Piss
#5SteminPosted 5/1/2012 6:02:30 PM
One day someone will have to explain the logic of that to me, since I hear it all the time here.

My game glitched because of X. I decided to play for another 500 hours before I decided to do something about it. Can someone help me?
#6IamI3rianPosted 5/1/2012 6:11:30 PM
Stemin posted...
One day someone will have to explain the logic of that to me, since I hear it all the time here.

My game glitched because of X. I decided to play for another 500 hours before I decided to do something about it. Also, I didn't save before taking a new quest, or entering the place said quest sent me. Additionally, I never create manual saves for any reason. Can someone help me?

Stemin, I had to fix that for ya.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Stole the mudcrab 500!
#7FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 6:36:08 PM
"My game glitched because of X. I decided to play for another 500 hours before I decided to do something about it. Can someone help me?"

Except I didn't KNOW it glitched til I played X amount of hours, brain child!

Sometimes companions disappear and reappear later... In Aela's case, she disappeared but when I finished the mission, an Objective Arrow directed me to go back to Whiterun to give HER the totem... Problem is when I got there she wasn't there and the arrow also disappeared. I had no idea at the time that this had happened before then.
---
Rest in Piss
#8FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2012 6:37:58 PM
" Also, I didn't save before taking a new quest, or entering the place said quest sent me. Additionally, I never create manual saves for any reason. "

Um, no, I save AFTER the quest, like I always do, like any normal person would, I had no idea this would happen. You know, you just expect the game to run as it should, I can't assume a glitch would occur every minute.
---
Rest in Piss
#9IamI3rianPosted 5/1/2012 6:57:15 PM
FadetooBlack posted...
" Also, I didn't save before taking a new quest, or entering the place said quest sent me. Additionally, I never create manual saves for any reason. "

Um, no, I save AFTER the quest, like I always do, like any normal person would, I had no idea this would happen. You know, you just expect the game to run as it should, I can't assume a glitch would occur every minute.

Which is why YOU are having a problem, and we aren't. If this is your first Bethesda game I appologize, and you definitely learned something. If not, there is no one to blame but you.

For a fix...***Spoilers***

You have to do a decent amount of the main quest. You'll get to a point where you can recruit people for the blades. At this point, you need to talk to delphine, and recruit Aela. That is the ONLY way I can think of to fix your situation.

**END**

I hope that helps, I really do. It sucks when games get you angry.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Stole the mudcrab 500!
#10SteminPosted 5/1/2012 7:04:34 PM
FadetooBlack posted...

Except I didn't KNOW it glitched til I played X amount of hours, brain child!

Sometimes companions disappear and reappear later...

And sometimes they don't. If you gave a crap you should have resolved it then and there.

FadetooBlack posted...

Cut the crap. You're not new here. You know the game is glitchy. Stop with the high and mighty crap about how you should assume it should work right.

You screwed up.