Fixing the game when it freezes

#1CoryneyPosted 5/1/2012 6:18:56 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, and haven't had the game freeze in a while (and I haven't been playing much lately) so I haven't been able to test it, but this is what I did last time my game froze and it allowed me to resume playing without resetting

Quick note. My game froze when I tried an auto-save before I sold some stuff in Whiterun

1) I tried pressing all the buttons on my controller, including the PSN button, to see if anything would respond but nothing happened
2) I waited about 5 minutes to see if it would resume on it's own, but nothing happened.
3) I finally tried the old-fashioned controller reset, where you hold all 4 shoulder buttons and the Select and Start buttons for a couple of seconds. The result. I ended back out at the PSN screen, then re-entered the game and continued playing

And I said, I haven't been able to try it again, and I am not sure if others have tested it, but is this a solution to the games "constant" freezing issues (outside of the water freezing of cause)
#2Coryney(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 1:12:54 AM
BUMP

I am guessing no-one has freezing issues anymore, or this is old info, because no-one seems to care ...........
#3GameeshPosted 5/2/2012 3:04:05 AM
I've only had freezing issues a couple of times (and only post 1.5 patch). They all happened when trying to load a dungeon. It's why I always saved before going into a dungeon. I haven't tried the 'classic' reset though (I thought that was only for FF games?).
Whenever one of my PS3 games locks up again, I'm gonna try this though so thanks for the info.
---
UMvC3 team: Wright (y) / Shuma-Gorath (a) / She-Hulk (b)
FFXI server: Phoenix (Galka BLU & PUP for 10 years now)
#4Tru_To_The_GamePosted 5/2/2012 3:49:25 AM
I've tried this before with no success. Perhaps your game just righted itself as you were doing it since sometimes it does take quite a few minutes for a freeze to melt away.