Fortify Sneak cap?

#1HyperShadow4321Posted 5/2/2012 8:00:06 PM(edited)
So, I've gotten back into playing my Khajiit Assassin Vampire, and I had a question. Does anyone know if there is a mathematical cap for Fortify Sneak to where its effectiveness stops increasing?

I have: 100 Sneak skill + Nightstalker's Footsteps (+25% Sneak) + Necklace of Eminent Sneaking (+30% Sneak).

I have boots with Muffle as well; however, that just affects your noise as far as I know.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention that I have another +30% Sneak from the Stealth perk. Yes, I know I wasted two perks on an extra 10% of sneak - not sure what I was thinking when I did that. So, a total of +85% Sneak altogether.
#2Mace22Posted 5/2/2012 9:31:14 PM
The Muffle enchant is better than any single sneak enchant, by a lot. You can just use line of sight from your target and they won't even know you're there because your silent presence goes undetected unless they're looking directly at you or you interact with them. Muffle > 100 sneak and no muffle.

Ebony Mail is also tops for sneaking around.

Don't know about specific Sneak caps though.
---
"Because the world isn't as bad as you think it is." - Celty Sturluson
#3tri sapphirePosted 5/3/2012 4:03:33 AM
Not sure.

I do know that if you get it insanely high via restoration glitch (I think I got mine to around 9000%), it gets to the point where it's impossible for people to notice you while sneaking. Bump into them, shout at them, smack them with a hammer, they'll just look around stupidly trying to find you.

I'm guessing this is what it must have felt like to have 100% chameleon back in Oblivion?
---
"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed...I must simply laugh!!."- Magus
#4HyperShadow4321(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 4:11:32 AM
tri sapphire posted...
Not sure.

I do know that if you get it insanely high via restoration glitch (I think I got mine to around 9000%), it gets to the point where it's impossible for people to notice you while sneaking. Bump into them, shout at them, smack them with a hammer, they'll just look around stupidly trying to find you.

I'm guessing this is what it must have felt like to have 100% chameleon back in Oblivion?

Yes, that's more or less exactly what it's like, haha. I guess I'll switch out the Necklack of Sneaking with something else since it probably won't make a huge difference.

Is the Silence perk under Sneak the same as 100% Muffle?
#5AlessarPosted 5/3/2012 7:40:53 AM
According to the wiki, Muffled Movement is a 50% effect, while Silence is a 100% muffle effect. However, since Muffle when created by a player is always 100% even if it's 1 enchanting skill and a petty soul gem...
#6HyperShadow4321(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 2:17:54 PM
Alessar posted...
According to the wiki, Muffled Movement is a 50% effect, while Silence is a 100% muffle effect. However, since Muffle when created by a player is always 100% even if it's 1 enchanting skill and a petty soul gem...

Yeah, I'm aware of the enchanting thing. I already grabbed the Silence perk so I figured if it provided 100% Muffle then I would just put something more useful on my booties. This was my second character that I made months ago, so I've obviously wasted a few perks here and there.

Thanks for the help though guys.