Anyone else p/o'd about the DLC/Bethesda in general?

#1jqh97116Posted 5/2/2012 10:02:10 PM
Why is it that we just allow Bethesda to walk all over us? They release a unfinished game, don't fix it until 3-4 months later, then we find out the first (most likely all) the DLC(s) will be Xbox 360 exclusive for 6 months or something.

And most likely, we'll also have to pay for the DLC on top of all that.

Anyone else feel ripped off?

I've been playing TES since Morrowind and this is the only TES that has had 4 patches period. Morrowind always worked fine for me, same with Oblivion. I mean seriously when did they decide that it's okay to totally screw us with no reprecussions?

Skyrim works fine for me now, but there was a good two months I couldn't play because of all the problems.
#2Sephyr_IXPosted 5/2/2012 10:04:36 PM
The DLC is only on Xbox a month before we get it, Microsoft pays more money to ensure that. It's business.
---
I specifically asked for scrambled eggs!
http://i27.tinypic.com/10h6d4w.jpg RiD (Robots in Disguise)
#3IamI3rianPosted 5/2/2012 10:08:49 PM
I'm not pissed at all. We get better games than the box, and besides that if MS wants to waste money on a 30 day exclusive, well that's fine with me.

We'll OF COURSE have to pay for it. Free DLC makes no business sense. Also, I am almost certain they'll release more than one. Two is more likely than three, but two is more likely than one also.

Additionally, they did what they could. If they coded it for PS3 from scratch instead of porting it would have turned out better, but they didn't so it didn't work right. It happens. It's better now.

Am I upset with Beth? A little. Will I buy their next game? Yes. Will I keep 50+ saves for when something inevitably goes wrong? Also yes.

Take it for what it is. Other games are worse with bugs, and not nearly as fun/extensive. Beth did a (fairly) ok job trying to fix the problems.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
I <3 Eyebeams
#4SpurnerPosted 5/2/2012 10:11:25 PM(edited)
Considering I've bled this game for 350+ hours despite the faults, I find it difficult to complain. Sure, I wish I never had to contend with some of the issues, but the fact remains that on 11/11/11 I forked out 60 bucks and I'm still enjoying a return on it.
#5jqh97116(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 10:12:10 PM
I know Microsoft pays more so they get it first, Didn't know it was only a month though.

But still, the only reason the PS3 version sucked so bad is because they wanted the 11-11-11 release date they had been promising for about a year. No more, no less. Then when people complain about, they don't do anything about for months? That's BS.

Also, I'll buy the next game too, but I'll wait for a few months afterwards so I know I can actually play it.
#6SpurnerPosted 5/2/2012 10:17:12 PM
jqh97116 posted...
Also, I'll buy the next game too, but I'll wait for a few months afterwards so I know I can actually play it.

I'm not going to argue with you there. Then again, by the time the next one rolls out I hope to have a PC that can handle it. *crosses fingers*
#7jqh97116(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2012 10:20:46 PM
Spurner posted...
jqh97116 posted...

I'm not going to argue with you there. Then again, by the time the next one rolls out I hope to have a PC that can handle it. *crosses fingers*

Hopefully the same for me too. You can't play games like these right without a PC.
#8TheGuiltySparkPosted 5/2/2012 10:25:35 PM
jqh97116 posted...
Why is it that we just allow Bethesda to walk all over us?

Large game studio with big feet, what can you do?

They release a unfinished game,

No they didn't. All quest lines and stories had a beginning and an end.

don't fix it until 3-4 months later,

Fix what? Glitches? Kay, so you would've rather waited til 3/11/12 for the game to come without the freezing and lag?

then we find out the first (most likely all) the DLC(s) will be Xbox 360 exclusive for 6 months or something.

2. The answer is 2 DLC expansions are contracted by Microsoft to be timed exclusive for a month. Not 6.

And most likely, we'll also have to pay for the DLC on top of all that.

This is the only thing in your entire post that was "likely". I'm also confused why you said this in the first place. You were/are expecting to get a game expansion for free?

Anyone else feel ripped off?

I don't.

I've been playing TES since Morrowind and this is the only TES that has had 4 patches period.

Incorrect. Oblivion had 4. Morrowind had 6 if you count the expansions Tribunal and Bloodmoon.

Morrowind always worked fine for me, same with Oblivion.

Morrowind was on PC and XBOX. This means you either had the PC version or you are a Micro$oft player, in which case this whole thread explains a lot.

I mean seriously when did they decide that it's okay to totally screw us with no reprecussions?

No, you mean with gross exaggeration - I'm the one who means seriously that they released a game that had a few inconvenient glitches and problems with freezing, that the repercussions were an entire outpouring of rage by the ES community at which point Bethesda reacted with (not only) a day one patch, but several patches weeks apart to try to correct the problems for players on all platforms. If that's "screwing us" then I would consider it tenderly making love.

Skyrim works fine for me now,

Hey, me too! :-D
Actually, it worked on 11/11/11 as well, but it works now too!

but there was a good two months I couldn't play because of all the problems.

There is a difference between "couldn't" and "wouldn't".
#9SpurnerPosted 5/2/2012 10:28:49 PM
jqh97116 posted...
Hopefully the same for me too. You can't play games like these right without a PC.

I appreciate the fact that PC gets the kick-ass experience - and to a lesser extent the Xbox - versus us lowly PS3ers, but I'm still happy that I got to play the game. I've ripped a lot of joy out of this thing since November.
#10IamI3rianPosted 5/2/2012 10:30:27 PM
jqh97116 posted...
But still, the only reason the PS3 version sucked so bad is because they wanted the 11-11-11 release date they had been promising for about a year. No more, no less. Then when people complain about, they don't do anything about for months? That's BS.

The fact is, the NEEDED the save files from all the people with problems to be able to fix it. If they held it off til today they'd still have similar problems. Sticking to the date was right from a business perspective AND a gamer perspective. Without that data (from thousands of people) they just wouldn't have been able to fix it. It sux, but that's the way it is.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
I <3 Eyebeams