Jesus H. Christ that took a long time...

#1demonwyrmPosted 5/5/2012 3:28:12 PM
So I took all the different advice everyone gave me on leveling my smithing to 100 and I still sat here literally ALL day doing it. I have no problem with Bethesda wanting to fine tune the game but this is ridiculous. When I finally got up to Ebony smithing I figured that since the leveling is based on the value of the item you create that I'd smith some Ebony Daggers and I'd start flying through the last 20 levels...nope. I made over 30 of those damn things and I jumped up a lousy 2 levels. I guess Bethesda would rather us play the game naturally and slowly level up instead of power leveling smithing to create the most badass stuff, then start our journey.
#2IamI3rianPosted 5/6/2012 3:35:45 AM
Try jewelry or you know... ebony armor. Even iron armor is worth more than an ebony dagger. Methinks you didn't red that right.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
RIP MCA... :( A sad day.
#3blueyeliePosted 5/6/2012 4:14:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Tru_To_The_GamePosted 5/6/2012 5:08:13 AM
Really, you can call me just J.C., it's all right.
I applaud Bethesda for tweaking the smithing. It was way too easy to level up the smithing before. I know it's all a personal preference, but before it was just too tempting to resist(I know, I did it myself the first time). Now it makes more sense.
#5AlessarPosted 5/6/2012 5:37:16 AM
I agree, now it makes sense to be working on gear that is appropriate to your level. It makes training smithing more valuable, and skill books are great. I had an alt at 99 smithing yesterday and I suddenly realized I had never read the skill book by the Skyforge. BING! 100.
#6Lerp85Posted 5/6/2012 8:38:04 AM
jewelry works good, and armor is better than daggers, since daggers are worth much less.

Though, if you are really that upset about it, delete the patch and do it the old way then redownload the patch.
#7elielitePosted 5/6/2012 9:19:13 AM
It does take too long. I train with balimond in riften till lvl 75 or so,then grind the rest by improving weapons and armor
#8robd42Posted 5/6/2012 9:21:27 AM
I restarted the character. You can not delete the patch and keep playing. The character is saved to the updated version and it won't let you play him. Got my smithing to 60, and can now load the update. Whew.
---
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check you premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. - Ayn Rand
#9IlDanaPosted 5/6/2012 10:14:41 AM
One benefit of training with Balimund (or Eorlund) is that since they are merchants as well, you can train with them and then sell off any other gear that you are lugging around to make some of your training funds back.

This strategy works best with those trainers who are general merchants (Grelka comes to mind), or if you have the Merchant perk.
---
FC 1418 9810 9569
#10Machines_Of_DogPosted 5/6/2012 2:40:26 PM
demonwyrm posted...
So I took all the different advice everyone gave me on leveling my smithing to 100 and I still sat here literally ALL day doing it. I have no problem with Bethesda wanting to fine tune the game but this is ridiculous.

smithing is entirely unnecessary just like every other skill

it is you that is ridiculous..
---
"As an idiot, I find this topic awesome." ~ kcheung5440
Currently: anything to avoid FFXIII...