Did they fix the smithing path yet?

#1ZXR_ReignSlayerPosted 5/6/2012 8:13:02 AM
I played the hell out of Skyrim when it came out, but two things really annoyed it for me and I sold it.

1. The framerate bug. (heard its fixed)

2. The smithing path. You could get it to 100 through light armor, but couldn't go to the ebony node right next to it afterwards. Meaning you'd have to go through the heavy armor tree as well.

THIS MADE NO SENSE. I'm a rogue FFS, I don't need heavy armor, but the best bows in the game use ebony like the Nightingale bow. Really stupid on Bethesda's part to forget this.

Was thinking about getting another copy.
---
[psn]TG-Raylock of Firefight Company! [FfC]
This is the problem of the gaming industry, and its only getting worse. http://tinyurl.com/3vm94zw
#2blueyeliePosted 5/6/2012 8:17:57 AM
Read the "archery underpowered" topic. Some posts that yes an ebony or daedric now is stronger, it's really only the difference of one arrow. Put that in with speed being a rouge it's better to be fast and "weaker" then slow and "stronger".

Plus EVERYONE wants daedric armor cause its so evil an strong - mix it up and stick to a role. Be classy with glass!!
#3blueyeliePosted 5/6/2012 8:20:18 AM
But I did want to add I wish they would do a path up the middle - steel, arcane, dragon.
I would really like to see that. I think it would be very "dragonbornesque"
#4Poultrygeist13Posted 5/6/2012 8:20:50 AM
Why would they "fix" it? They're two separate paths, light and heavy, that just happen to end at the same spot. It can get rather annoying, yes, but it's not a big deal when you can just upgrade and enchant a glass bow to the point it can one shot everything but dragons and deathlords... assuming you're not sneaking. In that case, your bow's material doesn't matter at all.
---
"Chemicals, man. They'll **** you up."- Bob, SLC Punk
PSN- same as username
#5AlessarPosted 5/6/2012 11:55:36 AM
You can never loop around, not with any skill. Not smithing, not conjuring, not light or heavy armor.
#6Lerp85Posted 5/6/2012 1:04:43 PM
So your reason for getting rid of this game was that you had to make a choice on what way to go? What a shocker than an RPG with skill trees have some ways you can go that make you choose a path in your skills. What a sad reason to get rid of the game honestly.
#7ZXR_ReignSlayer(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 3:20:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#8Terry-bogardPosted 5/7/2012 3:47:28 AM
1 - framerate bug is fixed
2 - there was nothing to fix , it's perfect as it is. Your total number of perks far exceed what is needed to be a beast , using a few more on smithing also mean you can get high leveled armor on your companions.
---
The word "main" is the cancer of fighting games.
Learn to fight .
#9BanthaFodderPosted 5/7/2012 4:03:44 AM
ZXR_ReignSlayer posted...
Lerp85 posted...
So your reason for getting rid of this game was that you had to make a choice on what way to go? What a shocker than an RPG with skill trees have some ways you can go that make you choose a path in your skills. What a sad reason to get rid of the game honestly.

So you can't read? Idiot.

I think you don't comprehend what people are telling you.

Ebony isn't light armor.
---
Patriots all set to go back to the bowl.
GoW3 35th plat. PSN Patseltsox
#10Lerp85Posted 5/7/2012 5:19:26 AM(edited)
ZXR_ReignSlayer posted...
Lerp85 posted...

So you can't read? Idiot.
I read it just fine. The lag issue was being resolved, so was no reason to get rid of a game. Not only that, But I guarantee that you put a crap load of hours into the game before having any screen rate issues as well.

So, the only real reason for you to have sold it was that you had to make a choice on what armor path you took. That is a sad thing indeed, to sell a game for such a trivial thing in a game. Oh well I guess.

Just buy your ebony weapons if you really want them. Jeez.

EDIT: Would also like to point out how your title asked about smithing too, not about the lag, indicating that was your main issue as well.