it's almost too much stuff to do....

#1Lo_Key90Posted 5/6/2012 2:14:14 PM
Got this on christmas day, still haven't finished it. Cool story right?
---
Swirly Swag!
#2Lerp85Posted 5/6/2012 2:17:07 PM
It is impossible to do everything, cause there are quests that can be done over and over.
#3HyperShadow4321Posted 5/6/2012 5:06:44 PM
I've had it since release (literally 12:00 midnight on 11/11/11) and I still have unfinished quests and achievements. Making a point to do everything in the game isn't ever the way I approach these games though. I love being able to play a character, even now, and still come across things that I haven't discovered yet.

I'm sure lots of people just brought up a list of all of the quests and systematically did EVERYTHING; however, that just seems like it kills the fun for me.
#4Mace22Posted 5/6/2012 5:20:41 PM(edited)
The repeatable bounty quests hardly give cause to say you can't finish everything. They're just there to give the illusion of the game never ending. Anyone who's played through the game even a little bit knows the difference between a main quest, a side quest, a miscellaneous quest and a repeatable "go x and kill y for 100g" quest. Bounty quests aren't quests, the only practical reason to pick them up is to get a new map marker.

I don't think as many people are systematically check listing their way through the game as you think. The quest structure is rather simple at the end of the day.

---
"Because the world isn't as bad as you think." - Celty Sturluson
#5SteminPosted 5/6/2012 5:31:47 PM
Mace22 posted...
The repeatable bounty quests hardly give cause to say you can't finish everything. They're just there to give the illusion of the game never ending. Anyone who's played through the game even a little bit knows the difference between a main quest, a side quest, a miscellaneous quest and a repeatable "go x and kill y for 100g" quest. Bounty quests aren't quests, the only practical reason to pick them up is to get a new map marker.

I don't think as many people are systematically check listing their way through the game as you think. The quest structure is rather simple at the end of the day.

Regardless of the repeatable quests, it's still impossible to do everything in one play through. If you join the db you can't destroy them. If you join the stormcloaks you can't join the imperials. Etc. etc.
#6Lerp85Posted 5/6/2012 6:26:27 PM
Mace22 posted...

As far as I know, the quests you can get from vex and the other guy in the thieves guild never stop, and you can get them any time you want forever, and those are marked as main quests.

either way, as some one said already, if there is still missions to do, no matter how small, that means you can't complete every mission.
#7Mace22Posted 5/6/2012 11:50:56 PM
Thieves Guild quests are just another variety of bounty quests. Repeatable quests are repeatable and interchangeable. Just because you haven't picked everyone's pocket in Skyrim doesn't mean you can't 'complete' or finish the game.

No, you can't do absolutely everything in one game because certain actions contradict or prevent each other, but don't be fooled into a false sense of "the game never ends." It's idiotic. Repeatable, interchangeable quests are not new content and once you're to the point where that's the only thing left to do in Skyrim, you've done all there is to do.

Would you really say to someone that says they've done all there is to do "nuh uh you can keep stealing from peopleand killing giants and you can't join the stormcloaks because you're an imperial. Derpafreakingderp. Get a clue people, you're smarter than that. And if you're not, you should be now.

Time to go back and label any game that gives you an option between one thing or another with the "unbeatable, infinite replayability," label. lmao
---
"Because the world isn't as bad as you think." - Celty Sturluson
#8Lerp85Posted 5/7/2012 6:27:32 AM
Mace22 posted...
Thieves Guild quests are just another variety of bounty quests. Repeatable quests are repeatable and interchangeable. Just because you haven't picked everyone's pocket in Skyrim doesn't mean you can't 'complete' or finish the game.

No, you can't do absolutely everything in one game because certain actions contradict or prevent each other, but don't be fooled into a false sense of "the game never ends." It's idiotic. Repeatable, interchangeable quests are not new content and once you're to the point where that's the only thing left to do in Skyrim, you've done all there is to do.

Would you really say to someone that says they've done all there is to do "nuh uh you can keep stealing from peopleand killing giants and you can't join the stormcloaks because you're an imperial. Derpafreakingderp. Get a clue people, you're smarter than that. And if you're not, you should be now.

Time to go back and label any game that gives you an option between one thing or another with the "unbeatable, infinite replayability," label. lmao

The fact that you cannot, I repeat cannot, complete every quest means just that, you can't complete every quest. It don't matter how trivial the quest, you can't complete it, so you can't complete everything in the game.

I am not talking about stealing from people or things you cannot do because of choices, I am talking about quests. You technically can't complete everything, that is all there is to it. they made the game that way on purpose, so no matter what you say the game cannot be complete a hundred percent.

The games you say we need to go back and say we didn't complete everything cause we didn't do everything in one playthrough don't have unlimited quests, so they can be completed.

Either way, this is only a technicality, but it is still true.
#9Blackvoodoo79Posted 5/7/2012 6:30:31 AM
I have 2 level 81 characters, the first one was completely legit, the second I used the Oghma Infinium glitch to get to 81 after I was 56 I believe. I still find unexplored areas on both characters and I still very much enjoy the game. $60 very well spent if you ask me.
---
PSN - Diesel_Afflict
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj168/affliction1979/Godlol.jpg
#10Lerp85Posted 5/7/2012 7:13:17 AM
Blackvoodoo79 posted...
I have 2 level 81 characters, the first one was completely legit, the second I used the Oghma Infinium glitch to get to 81 after I was 56 I believe. I still find unexplored areas on both characters and I still very much enjoy the game. $60 very well spent if you ask me.

Oh yea, well worth the money. I have made four characters, highest was level 70, and still find new stuff and have quests I have not done yet. Great game indeed.