New Assassination Video + more to come. Please have a look and request more:)

#1Kranti1992Posted 5/6/2012 7:48:40 PM
I just started a new channel on youtube, my first try, and really hoping to put my effort into making great videos. I made a first Assassin Gameplay video today, with a newly made Khajiit with an assassin build. The video features some nice stealth gameplay.

I bought FRAPS to record the game play and also Sony Vegas to edit videos, so I'm really trying to get dedicated. I'll be putting up more videos soon, including tutorials on mods and builds, as well as videos for any other games. I'll be doing commentary in them as well, this first one is without as it was just to see how it would go.

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXWKpIfeW_Q&list=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDXWKpIfeW_Q&list=UUAxSWnrOjuEp-6B0nwbSajA&index=0&feature=plcp

Please check out my channel as well, and like the video and subscribe to my channel for Skyrim support if you love Skyrim! Like I said I really want to be dedicated and wish you guys would drive me forward! Request any videos you want, including strategy or gameplay commentaries, etc

Thank you for your time,

Kranti :)
---
Come join the fun in the World of Warcraft
#2demonwyrmPosted 5/6/2012 8:18:56 PM
Not bad. You didn't get yourself killed. A little sloppy as far as an assassin goes. On dungeon missions, rely less on your dagger and more on your bow. You never should've been spotted. Also, find a better bow and you should at least be using steel arrows. You also missed a sweet opportunity to use a fire trap to incinerate a draugr. If you plan on making videos to teach other would-be assassins, bone up on your own skills first. Don't take this as an insult. Just a few pointers to help you along. Welcome to the shadows.
#3Kranti1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 8:21:43 PM
Yes sir! Points taken, will improve.

One small thing to note though - it was on master difficulty with a newly made assassin just for the video, hence the low sneak skill:P but yes, I agree, I shall perform better.
---
#4Kranti1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 8:22:12 PM
Ah yes and thank you for your constructive comments :D
---
#5IamI3rianPosted 5/6/2012 8:35:58 PM
You left your own comment on the vid? I dunno man. I just dunno.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
RIP MCA... :( A sad day.
#6demonwyrmPosted 5/6/2012 8:40:54 PM
If you're still early on in the game, head back to Whiterun and go to Jorrvaskr sometime late at night (12am - 5am). Sneak into Aela's room and break into her display case (Expert level, so buy some picks) and steal that Elven Bow. Plus, read the included book for a bit of a boost. Now you have an easy to access early on bow that will do decent damage.
#7KaiserAfiniPosted 5/6/2012 9:08:38 PM
Pretty good, but master difficulty gets pretty hectic, here are a few tips:

- Shoot an arrow from cover only when you have a hiding place at least ten meters away. The AI will direct enemies to go to your hiding spot. They will find nothing and go back to their usual rounds. Go back to the sniping spot, rinse, repeat.

- Carry a shield for when things don't go as planned. Also buy some paralysis poisons, even if they are weak ones. They help you escape tricky situations and get back into cover.

- Use the DB gloves and boots, but not their armor. The Elven set weights little and offers a lot more protection.

- Illusion magic FTW. Use fury from cover and watch as enemy groups are reduced to one weakened thug. Calm to for bears and trolls, one 30x sneak attacks normally kills them outright. Muffle for easier sneaking. Invisibility is the ultimate assassin spell.

- Slow time allows you to shoot arrows at multiple targets before losing cover. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHSs57G9cRs

Don't give up, this is, by far, the most challenging playstyle to master. Keep the videos coming.
#8Mr_M0j0_RisingPosted 5/6/2012 9:11:14 PM
Sure, I'll watch any gameplay video as long as there is no commentary. Seriously don't get into that ever. Funny annotations are best.
---
We live to make the impossible possible.
#9Kranti1992(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2012 6:10:38 AM
Great comments guys, best out of the 3 skyrim boards:)

KaiserAfini, thanks for the great info, I will implement all those tips! As for having no commentary, haha, I agree sometimes commentary can be annoying but I will do a mix for variety (commentary for tutorial videos and such definitely, and perhaps none for some simple gameplay vids).

Any more comments?

And please subscribe to support me!
---
#10Luis_Lopes_ACPosted 5/7/2012 1:41:15 PM
Dont carry a shield, you are a assassin.

Dont use illusions spells, the game gets boring.
---
PSN - Luis_Lopes_AC