I used to think all the complaining a bugged game was stupid.

#1WovenHandPosted 5/7/2012 12:25:01 AM
Now that I have actually created a character that I have intended to take through every quest and everything the game has to offer, I understand what people have been complaining about. I've came across about three game-breaking bugs for those that are completists. How on earth can Bethesda even think that it's okay to even bring up DLC when the base game is so very flawed? I am perplexed.
---
PSN: WanderingMidget
#2tom_cat_01Posted 5/7/2012 12:39:21 AM

... are you going to tell us what these Game Breaking glitches are??..

#3Tad_DaintyPosted 5/7/2012 12:42:56 AM
well they've been doing it for at least 10 years (morrowind had hundreds of bugs they never addressed & 2 DLCs), so they have mastered some kind of ethical transcendence while continuing to release Games of the Year. after long study of The Way of the Bug at the monastery of High Betagar with the Glitchbeards, it becomes a true artform.

"This quest might not work right, I need to debug it"
"Ah, but..... do you?"
"Well i guess I could just get some beer instead. thanks Todd!"
"and so the release date remains intact. Praise be to Zeni-reth"
---
Bronze/15G: sit in a chair for 10 minutes. Silver/25G: run around in a circle for 6 hours.
Gold/75G: bang head against wall for 40 hours. Platinum: congrats?
#4luigi4728Posted 5/7/2012 1:41:57 AM
Tad_Dainty posted...
well they've been doing it for at least 10 years (morrowind had hundreds of bugs they never addressed & 2 DLCs), so they have mastered some kind of ethical transcendence while continuing to release Games of the Year. after long study of The Way of the Bug at the monastery of High Betagar with the Glitchbeards, it becomes a true artform.

"This quest might not work right, I need to debug it"
"Ah, but..... do you?"
"Well i guess I could just get some beer instead. thanks Todd!"
"and so the release date remains intact. Praise be to Zeni-reth"

^ average day at bethesda game studios
---
werewolfs like sandwiches
#5nelson5436Posted 5/7/2012 2:00:30 AM
While I hate bugs, I have not come across any that could not be fixed or just lived with- check uesp.net for fixes on each quest.
Now stop your crying about bugs and understand how many people made and tested this game. I have no idea- 25? 50? 100? 1,000? But how many have played it now? 1,000,000? 5,000,000? Who knows? But We are more than Them. No wonder We caught what they missed. To their credit they have fixed a lot(try playing unpatched) and will probably fix more as DLC comes out.

P.S. My favorite bug was in Oblivion GOTY when you couldn't cure vampirism. Way to go Bethesda!
---
PSN: nelson5436
#6Tad_DaintyPosted 5/7/2012 2:19:51 AM
the DLC will be brutal i'm sure. a boat load of problem threads and people posting to say "use the search", bethesda hate threads (never again will I buy... etc). i would bet money on this, but the payoff would be pretty terrible given the odds. not stupid enough to bet against though.
---
Bronze/15G: sit in a chair for 10 minutes. Silver/25G: run around in a circle for 6 hours.
Gold/75G: bang head against wall for 40 hours. Platinum: congrats?