Most interesting quest series that leads to thane?

#1KOTRsssPosted 5/9/2012 2:26:19 AM
Last playthrough I thoroughly enjoyed the Markarth storyline and found it to be very interesting.

Anything similar that you all can recommend me? I'm doing the Winterhold College quests, but I want something else to do alongside them, and I just married Onmund so I want a place to put him to work since apparently I can no longer have him as a follower :(
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#2LiquidAntagonisPosted 5/9/2012 3:41:20 AM
Most interesting quest to become thane...

My favorite quest to become thane would have to be The Man Who Cried Wolf, in which you travel to Wolfskull cave and prevent a group of nercomancers from resurrecting an evil spirit.

There's another quest in the area called The Mind of Madness, in which you travel to the Pelagius wing of the Blue Palace for a little bit of..."treatment". I'm pretty sure this one counts as "Help the citizens of Haafingar".

The one in Falkreath involves Killing a werewolf, which is pretty interesting if you didn't get your fill of werewolves from the Companion's already.
#3bluesoul100Posted 5/9/2012 3:55:49 AM
The Markarth Forsworn quest line is pretty......interesting to say the least.
---
why do they call it a hacksaw? you saw with it, not hack!
PSN: bluesoul99
#4necroniumPosted 5/9/2012 4:50:38 AM
just finished the markarth forsworn last night, and i enjoyed it thoroughly.
---
PSN: Necronium-X
Monster hunter tri: Biske T6MTXH
#5AlessarPosted 5/9/2012 7:08:51 AM
Well, the Markarth thane quest line is actually just go get a family heirloom from some Forsworn out in the hills. The Foresworn Conspiracy is just a city storyline.

I think Morthal had an interesting story in its thane quest, what with investigating the burnt out house and solving a ghostly murder mystery. Riften's Skooma trade quest line was tricky to find without knowing where to go, but not very interesting story wise.
#6GrayDeath88Posted 5/9/2012 9:48:43 AM
Not sure if this leads to thane?

Lights out! in Solitude is a pretty good, revenge driven, quest. I love hunting down those bastards after the double cross.
#7Claimh_SoliasPosted 5/9/2012 9:51:37 AM
The Man Who Cried Wolf would have to be my favorite
---
Ma num gagis aulla yor mahin syunaht yor zadius Unclench your fist, dissolve your hatred.
...Orator of Ar Ciel...
#8KOTRsss(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 12:05:59 PM
Alessar posted...
Well, the Markarth thane quest line is actually just go get a family heirloom from some Forsworn out in the hills. The Foresworn Conspiracy is just a city storyline.

I think Morthal had an interesting story in its thane quest, what with investigating the burnt out house and solving a ghostly murder mystery. Riften's Skooma trade quest line was tricky to find without knowing where to go, but not very interesting story wise.

I guess I just meant interesting city storyline quests then.

I actually have the man who cried wolf quest right now, but I just assumed it was a generic "go here and loot" quest. I'll check it out. I also ended up doing the Palagius quest which was entertaining.

Another interesting quest I remember doing last game was the frozen lighthouse mystery one.

Any other recommendations? I'm going to take root in some town and I'd like an interesting quest line to get me attached to the city.
---
Gamefaqs has taught us that academic fields like literature don't exist because of teenagers that say "well that's just your opinion and I disagree."
#9Captain_Sexy_TPosted 5/9/2012 1:42:41 PM
Go to Falkreath, that place is my favourite right after Markath (Investigate Hall of the Dead or whatever the quest is called)
---
PSN: Rectal_Fungi
Join Hardcore Hamburger Time! (BF3, PS3) http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241227623349/
#10KOTRsss(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2012 3:03:53 PM
I just stumbled across the wooden mask quest outside of Labyrinthia.

Loved the diary note and what happened when I put the mask on but unfortunately I need to go around collecting masks for a subpar reward.

These are the kinds of things I find really interesting in Skyrim though. It's too easy to get bogged down with generic quests that dont really go anywhere. Yes, Skyrim is WAY better about quest design than any other sidequest heavy game out there, but I think the fact that you dont get any sort of reward other than gold for most quests kind of diminishes the motivation for anything other than the most detailed questlines.
---