What do you want to see from Elder Scrolls Online?

#1robirminghamPosted 5/9/2012 7:27:35 AM
http://flydrs.com/2012/05/09/what-do-you-want-from-elder-scrolls-online/

Any MMO fans here? I've wanted online in games like Fallout 3, and Skyrim, but wonder how this Elder Scrolls Online will turn out.

Anyone excited for it?
#2Reference_MemePosted 5/9/2012 8:34:42 AM
For better or for worse... it's looking like TES:O will just be a run-of-the-mill WOW-type game.

So far, it doesn't look all that new or exciting at all. However... i HAVE been playing TES games since Daggerfall... i will probably at least check it out.

I'm not an MMO player. But, I did spend the better part of 3 years delved into COH/COV when they launched... i would like to see TES:O still cater to those that prefer the single player experience that the games are known for, by not heavy-handedly forcing groups/teams all the time.
#3robirmingham(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 9:12:05 AM
Reference_Meme posted...
For better or for worse... it's looking like TES:O will just be a run-of-the-mill WOW-type game.

So far, it doesn't look all that new or exciting at all. However... i HAVE been playing TES games since Daggerfall... i will probably at least check it out.

I'm not an MMO player. But, I did spend the better part of 3 years delved into COH/COV when they launched... i would like to see TES:O still cater to those that prefer the single player experience that the games are known for, by not heavy-handedly forcing groups/teams all the time.

I'm not into the MMO games either, historically. I would like to see a game that's First Person, with exceptional graphics, but I'm not sure if that's possible to do given the scope of such a game.
#4GrayDeath88Posted 5/9/2012 9:44:53 AM
I want the ability to block out all other players so that it seems like a single player game.
#5Claimh_SoliasPosted 5/9/2012 9:49:45 AM
I'm a fan of MMOs and all but...

I don't want to see anything from TES Online.
---
Ma num gagis aulla yor mahin syunaht yor zadius Unclench your fist, dissolve your hatred.
...Orator of Ar Ciel...
#6SpurnerPosted 5/9/2012 9:52:04 AM
A very selfish part of me wants it to fail, and fail hard. I know many people are probably stoked about it and that's good for them, but I'm a crotchety old bastard who wants things my way. My way is single-player experiences where I don't have to interact or contend with others. You'll have to forgive me. I'm still very bitter about SW:TOR.
#7Reference_MemePosted 5/9/2012 9:57:40 AM
Spurner posted...
A very selfish part of me wants it to fail, and fail hard. I know many people are probably stoked about it and that's good for them, but I'm a crotchety old bastard who wants things my way. My way is single-player experiences where I don't have to interact or contend with others. You'll have to forgive me. I'm still very bitter about SW:TOR.

Ya know, i feel the same way as you... but the more i see/read/hear... i just haven't come across many people at ALL that are positive for TES:O.

Mild apprehension is about as positive a response i've witnessed so far.
#8Brozz666Posted 5/9/2012 10:12:28 AM
In my experience the MMO community has really gone downhill the last couple of years. So much, that I doubt I will even try TES:O
#9robirmingham(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 10:52:36 AM
Brozz666 posted...
In my experience the MMO community has really gone downhill the last couple of years. So much, that I doubt I will even try TES:O

I wonder if the game will have the first person / third person option of previous games.
#10Reference_MemePosted 5/9/2012 11:00:10 AM
robirmingham posted...
Brozz666 posted...

I wonder if the game will have the first person / third person option of previous games.

So far, 3rd person only.