Daggers are weak in this game.

#1Stanimal032Posted 5/9/2012 9:24:23 AM
I realize with backstab and everything they can really be boosted and whatnot but man. When you get into a head-on fight with something with daggers, it's like I'm hitting them with wet noodles. I know as I level up it will get better but grr...frustrating lol.

I'm just used to my hack/slash sword/shield character so this is a bit of a change.
#2Gladion20Posted 5/9/2012 9:26:53 AM
Try putting absorb health on them, it helps.
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
http://www.blogger.com/profile/16297427773351461547
#3RafedxPosted 5/9/2012 9:29:44 AM
Stanimal032 posted...
I realize with backstab and everything they can really be boosted and whatnot but man. When you get into a head-on fight with something with daggers, it's like I'm hitting them with wet noodles. I know as I level up it will get better but grr...frustrating lol.

I'm just used to my hack/slash sword/shield character so this is a bit of a change.

Don't get caught.

I have a lvl 34 dual wielding Daggers assassin type character, and I can just roll towards enemies, hit them without anyone seeing and proceed to roll towards the next enemy and clear a room with only sneak attacks. Once your sneak is high enough and you have decent gear and perks you become a hidden killing machine. Most things just run passed me, throw voice also helps big time. If I am ever unsure about something I attack it from afar with my Bow.

The class gets really good later on so keep toughing it out, and sneak attack whenever you can, your sneak skill will go up fast and eventually nothing will ever see you.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every Wednesday
#4MEFreak1984Posted 5/9/2012 9:30:36 AM
Try actually sneaking with them. They're not meant to be straightforward melee weapons. I figured the perks that go with them would make that obvious.
#5Stanimal032(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 10:06:11 AM
MEFreak1984 posted...
Try actually sneaking with them. They're not meant to be straightforward melee weapons. I figured the perks that go with them would make that obvious.

Thanks for your input and uplifting tone!
#6irethkatPosted 5/9/2012 10:36:54 AM
Try calm, if you get spotted that is. It works wonders.
---
~^.^~
#7Reference_MemePosted 5/9/2012 10:47:59 AM(edited)
Stanimal032 posted...
MEFreak1984 posted...

Thanks for your input and uplifting tone!

To be honest, while the tone may be crass, they are correct.

They are meant to be sneaking weapons.

The only time you should toe-to-toe with daggers is if one is in your Left hand and a Sword/Axe/Mace is in your right. With dual-wield perks, swing speed is based off of your left hand weapon. So, with a dagger in your left, your dual attack will have dagger speed no matter what is equipped in your right hand.

EDIT: With Shadow Warrior (name?), you essentially gain the plausibility of dagger-only combat.
#8ktwsePosted 5/9/2012 10:55:07 AM
Daggers actually have the highest DPS of all one-handed weapons, but since they don't benefit from fortify one-handed effects they tend to end up weaker than eg swords. That said, I think they work just fine as your primary weapon even when detected provided your character is built to be able to go toe-to-toe against powerful opponents.
---
Never argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
#9AlessarPosted 5/9/2012 12:12:30 PM
Yeah daggers are bugged, Fortify One Handed gear and potions doesn't affect them.

Fortify Archery does. Ergo ... make potions and gear that boost both and you're covered.
#10Tad_DaintyPosted 5/9/2012 12:19:19 PM
size matters, you're just now learning this? unless you're coming up from behind. wait wut?
---
Bronze/15G: sit in a chair for 10 minutes. Silver/25G: run around in a circle for 6 hours.
Gold/75G: bang head against wall for 40 hours. Platinum: congrats?