That perk you just can't live without...

#1Nikore gfPosted 5/9/2012 9:50:11 AM
I just made a post in another thread about the one perk I absolutely need to have, regardless of what kind of character I'm playing. Then I realized that this could lead to an interesting discussion. So naturally I clicked on "New Topic", wrote the above text and here we all are.

Anyway, the one perk that I NEED to have on any character is the Merchant perk in the Speech tree, which lets you sell any item to any vendor. It just makes selling and managing your inventory so much easier, giving you more time for quests and less time waiting for Belethor to open his shop. Once you get into enchanting and/or alchemy, you can quickly make plenty of money just by selling your expensive potions and enchanted iron daggers to every merchant in town. Plus, it's nice just to be able to unload that heavy battleaxe or dragon bone onto the nearest vendor instead of running to every shop in the city.

Anyone else with a perk that you can't live without?
#2Mr_visariPosted 5/9/2012 10:02:25 AM
the damage multipliers in the sneak section.
---
"Names are for friends, so I don't need one".-Mr.47
Hitman Professional Edition Announced as PreOrder :D
#3Reference_MemePosted 5/9/2012 10:11:41 AM
Deep Pockets from the sneak tree has found its way into almost EVERY build.

Since i discovered the joys of Vegetable Soup, i invest FAR less into stamina anymore, so the Deep Pockets +100 carrying capacity is a god-send.
#4flintstonerPosted 5/9/2012 10:14:52 AM
Agreed same here. Just got the merchants perk. Should have got it long ago. To much time wasted shopping around.
#5irethkatPosted 5/9/2012 10:35:29 AM
Assassin's blade
---
~^.^~
#6ktwsePosted 5/9/2012 10:46:26 AM
Quiet Casting, probably.
---
Never argue with idiots. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
#7LiquidAntagonisPosted 5/9/2012 10:53:47 AM
I was thinking earlier today that it'd be a good idea to use the perk that allows your wards to turn attacks directed at you into magicka. This would render dragons and anything using destruction magic in order to try and fry/freeze/toast you into submission practically harmless, and it would make it that much easier to use their own magicka for your own purposes - like keeping that ward up or conjuring dremora lords, for instance.

This and the perk that makes restoration spells replenish your stamina as well as your health and the heavy armor perk that allows you to run without penalty.

I dunno, really. This is my second character build. I'm currently at level 45 (but I haven't leveled up yet so I'm only at level 1 and therefore haven't even begun to distribute my level up stat boosts amongst my health, magicka and stamina) and I haven't even begun to think about where I'm gonna use my perks. Last time I foolishly threw perks here and there, and I regretted it. Not gonna make that mistake again.
#8Nikore gf(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2012 11:01:52 AM
Reference_Meme posted...
Deep Pockets from the sneak tree has found its way into almost EVERY build.

I believe this is in the Pickpocket tree. But yes, this is an excellent perk for any build. +100 carry weight never hurt anyone. However, I do find the requirements to be a bit steep. You need to have 50 in Pickpocket AND you need to spend two relatively useless perks just to get there (unless you're a serious Pickpocket build).

While useful, this one is a toss-up for me.
#9blueyeliePosted 5/9/2012 11:20:49 AM
I love silent casting. Fun to summon to Dremora Lords from the shadows and watch fighters freak out.

Other perk I always end up using is armsman. I have yet to make a charecter that doesn't use a one handed weapon.
#10King_Shortt_IXPosted 5/9/2012 11:58:24 AM
That double enchantment perk.
---
Yeah. Congratulate. And then give him a piece of my mind.