Skyrim, Skyward Sword, or Skylanders?

#1kreegan64Posted 5/12/2012 6:00:16 PM
Yes, partially because they have sky in their titles, but also because they have similar aspects in a sense. (tes and loz have medieval-like settings and all 3 have dragons of some sort, there are other minor things too) Which do you think is the best continuation to their respective series? This is not asking which of the 3 is the best of the 3, but which does a better job of being the latest entry in their long-running and at least relatively popular series? Please only answer if you have at least played at least 2 of 3 games, and enough of them to have gotten a good idea of them. My personal opinion (I played SS and Skyrim, but not landers) I'd say Skyward sword Sword was the best continuation of its respective series. What do you think was?

So far:
Skyrim: 0
Skyward Sword:1
Skylanders: 0
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/528912-shifters/61948324 You probably won't (and maybe rather wouldn't) know what topic this links to.
#2_Asian_RicePosted 5/12/2012 6:01:28 PM
Skyrim is the only one of the 3 I've played D:
---
PSN: iAsianRice | Call of Duty, where anything that doesn't favor you above all else should be considered unfair.
GameFAQs is a den of preposterous logic.
#3kreegan64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2012 6:07:22 PM
_Asian_Rice posted...
Skyrim is the only one of the 3 I've played D:

I can't say about Skylanders, since I haven't played it (though I can say that it is not recomended for those with a smaller wallet) but I would recomend Skyward Sword, if you have a wii that is.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/528912-shifters/61948324 You probably won't (and maybe rather wouldn't) know what topic this links to.
#4_Asian_RicePosted 5/12/2012 6:13:26 PM
I do have a Wii, but I haven't touched it since I got Skyrim...

Yeah...
---
PSN: iAsianRice | Call of Duty, where anything that doesn't favor you above all else should be considered unfair.
GameFAQs is a den of preposterous logic.
#5shadowicewolfPosted 5/12/2012 6:28:18 PM
Skyrim by far.

Skyward sword left an icky taste in my mouth. It was a prequal, you had no magic whatsoever, and there wasn't much exploring as there were on previous LoZ titles.
#6kreegan64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2012 9:01:55 PM
Skyrim: 1

Keep 'em comin'
---
#7LiquidAntagonisPosted 5/12/2012 9:21:24 PM
Looking back at my fond memories of The Legend of Zelda franchise, I clearly came to this conclusion:

Zelda = An introduction to Action/Adventure RPGs.

RPG 101: RPGing for noobs.

Topics include:

- Introduction to an overworld - central hub in which players are given free reign to explore and discover as they please.
- Introduction to simple buff mechanics - this includes, but is not limited to, the acquisition of weapons and gear that may be enchanted and provide the player with a sense of growth by which they attribute their new found ability to deal/take more damage, etc.
- introduction to lore, a simple combat system, and generalized character building/roleplaying .
- introduction to the concept of real time strategy and playing upon strengths and weaknesses in order to outwit foes.

+30 theory hours, +45 lab hours.
Price: 60.00 USD.

As for Skylanders...Maaan, that's an entirely different game. I admittedly know nothing about it, aside from the fact that it was spawned from the ashes of what was once known as Spyro the Dragon.

I'd say Skyrim is the best choice.
#8kreegan64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 4:29:12 AM
LOZ is not an rgp, it's an action-adventure game, and has defined as such by Nintendo. It seems you compared them to one another to come to your decision, when that wasn't the question asked. The question was which you felt best continued its respective series. I doubt your answer will change so
Skyrim: 2
---
#9xdarnokxPosted 5/13/2012 5:28:53 AM
I own, and finished, all three games and I have to give my vote to Skyrim. This is coming from a guy with a Legend of Zelda tattoo across his chest. I also have an extremely large Zelda collection that you can see at youtibe.com/xdarnokx
---
---
My ridiculously large Legend of Zelda collection. www.youtube.com/xdarnokx
#10LiquidAntagonisPosted 5/13/2012 6:03:21 AM
kreegan64 posted...
LOZ is not an rgp, it's an action-adventure game.

I said this, didn't I?

It seems you compared them to one another to come to your decision, when that wasn't the question asked. The question was which you felt best continued its respective series.

Twilight Princess perfected the formula, in my opinion. It seems to me that Zelda has taken a turn for the worse as of late, and this is coming from someone who has been a fan since the original Zelda for NES. Don't get me wrong, Skyward Sword is probably impeccable, as to be expected from a Zelda/Nintendo title. However, insofar as improvement goes, well...It's really a bit subjective. Perhaps provide us with some criteria by which we can refine our opinions?