100 archery

#1flintstonerPosted 5/13/2012 6:48:13 PM
My archery is level 94 and its taking forever now to advance. Any body have 100 yet. Just curious is all.
#2IamI3rianPosted 5/13/2012 6:55:05 PM
flintstoner posted...
My archery is level 94 and its taking forever now to advance. Any body have 100 yet. Just curious is all.

**SPOILERS**

If you haven't yet, go to Angi's camp, and get training to finish it off.

But no, I've never gotten archery 100 (yet).
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Lettuce shower, made by bees, Toucan Sam, that's not cheese!
#3Captain_Sexy_TPosted 5/13/2012 6:58:10 PM
^ Do that.

Never gotten my archery to 100, most is maybe... 60ish legit. I just got all the Mage perks I want and still have 16 levels to go, thinking about putting the rest into archery and using the bound bow. Never had a decent archer build before, might be fun.
---
PSN: Rectal_Fungi
Join Hardcore Hamburger Time! (BF3, PS3) http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241227623349/
#4demonwyrmPosted 5/13/2012 7:03:25 PM
My archery is at 100 and there's really no reason to be this high unless you want the bragging rights, which is exactly why I did it. You should already be a total badass by now with your bow. Plus, if you want to get to 100 for the perk, I think it's a bit cheap. You should be one hit killing most enemies, why would you need a chance to paralyze them as well?
#5IamI3rianPosted 5/13/2012 7:24:21 PM
Captain_Sexy_T posted...
^ Do that.

Never gotten my archery to 100, most is maybe... 60ish legit. I just got all the Mage perks I want and still have 16 levels to go, thinking about putting the rest into archery and using the bound bow. Never had a decent archer build before, might be fun.

It's great IF AND ONLY IF you don't also sneak. Archery + ranger perk = most FUN attacks in the game (physical... Magic is more fun to me). Sneak archery = watch people fall over.

Worth mentioning here, you'll eventually be REALLY sick with a bow, making shots you never thought you could. Especially with the BBow, since you won't feel bad about 'wasting' ammo shooting at stuff. It's good practice to go after butterflies at various ranges :)
---
#6Captain_Sexy_TPosted 5/13/2012 8:16:43 PM
I also play with the crosshairs off, aiming can be a pain in the ass.
---
Join Hardcore Hamburger Time! (BF3, PS3) http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241227623349/
#7IamI3rianPosted 5/13/2012 8:30:27 PM
Captain_Sexy_T posted...
I also play with the crosshairs off, aiming can be a pain in the ass.

I WOULD do that if there was an option to get rid of the hud, but leave the words. Seriously who designed the interface? Metroid on NES had more options. OK Maybe not but you get the point.

I don't wanna roll the dice everytime I try to talk to a merchant to see if I accidentally steal something. Or have to check my quest log to see what quest I just got....

OK Sorry sidetracked. Is it that bad? Do you play in 1st person? I'm pretty good with a bow now (a BBow anyway, they all shoot differently). I'm curious if I should try no cross hairs, or if that would just annoy me.
---
#8Captain_Sexy_TPosted 5/13/2012 8:40:07 PM
3rd person until combat time, then I switch to first. It's not too difficult, just taking me a while to get used to. You still get the little sneak crosshair though, so that helps out.
---
#9IamI3rianPosted 5/13/2012 8:47:31 PM
Captain_Sexy_T posted...
You still get the little sneak crosshair though, so that helps out.

Cheater. I CAN'T play in first person anymore, especially when I'm shooting. I'll only even TRY when something is uphill from me.

I know from past experience it only takes about 15 minutes to switch... I just can't anymore. 3rd is SO much nicer to me.
---
#10jqh97116Posted 5/13/2012 11:38:27 PM
IamI3rian posted...
I'm pretty good with a bow now (a BBow anyway, they all shoot differently). I'm curious if I should try no cross hairs, or if that would just annoy me.

I've had the cross hair off since launch because I always wanted to try it, it's pretty good. Just do some target practice without the crosshair and you'll get used to it REALLY fast.

Makes you feel really badass too since you're technically not even aiming, you just know your bow that well. It makes it a tad bit more immersive.