New add on that I would like to see the undertown

#1Bryan_SkullPosted 5/25/2012 5:50:59 PM(edited)
The Undertown is a place for werewolves and vampire players. More spells and summons and healing spells and some few new ones for the rest.

The weakness spells appears in the game. For d magic. Absorb spells for Restoration.

Also I think werewolves got a bad rep for being weak. I think as the werewolf grows in level so should there hp. And have a minor physical damage reduction. 5% phsyical damage protect per 10 levels. That's 40% physical damage protection at level 80. And the werewolf power becomes a less power. A quest is involved in to make it a lesser power. Also 5 unarmed damage per 10 levels. giving you +40 to unarmed damage as a werewolf at level 80. Also +2 percent in health regen per each player level. I feel like werewolfs have a stun in health regen. Or a slow health regen. Also +5 health per 2 player levels. That's an extra 200 health at level 80.

Of course new power for vampires. Less powers. About 7 lesser powers. And no matter your stage in vampire. These vampires down here won't fight you. They are a peaceful clan to all vampires. A powerful vampire ring that all vampires get when they enter the undertown is a ring that returns then back to there original age before the vampire takes effect. And stopping there aging process. The stun effect in day light is remove as well. You can buy this ring in any shop for 500 gold. It's not a rare item in the undertown. The vampire servant turns into a permanent thrall.

Note: the vampires won't fight werewolves either. And werewolves won't fight them. But for the love of all that is undead. Don't bring a silver weapon down there. The sight of the silver weapon angers both werewolves and vampires. And both will attack the player if seen with a silver weapon.
#2LiquidAntagonisPosted 5/25/2012 6:01:03 PM
No. Please, dear god, no.

Listen, I'm not trying to be a jerk or whatever, but...your ideas are horrible. Also, this post only solidifies my suspicions which assume that you didn't read my post in your "Black Knight DLC" thread. Go back and read it - it'll help you.

inb4 Twilight reference...oh, wait.
#3Bryan_Skull(Topic Creator)Posted 5/25/2012 6:37:20 PM
LiquidAntagonis posted...
No. Please, dear god, no.

Listen, I'm not trying to be a jerk or whatever, but...your ideas are horrible. Also, this post only solidifies my suspicions which assume that you didn't read my post in your "Black Knight DLC" thread. Go back and read it - it'll help you.

inb4 Twilight reference...oh, wait.

You never happy with my ideas. The undertowns are underground of each town. They make the game more fun. Even if you aren't vampire and werewolf. You can still explore it. It also brings in arrow making into the smithing perk.
#4LiquidAntagonisPosted 5/25/2012 7:17:44 PM
Bryan_Skull posted...
You're never happy with my ideas. The undertowns are underground [versions] of each town. They make the game more fun and, even if you aren't a vampire or werewolf, you can still explore it. It also brings in arrow making into the smithing perk.

You, sir, need to learn to speak and write/type English.

Anyway...Yeah, you're right - I'm not satisfied with your ideas because they're horrible. Did you read my post in your "Black Knight DLC" thread? What did it say? Yes, I'm asking you for a concise summary of what I said.

_ You still haven't read it, have you?
#5nondescriptguy0Posted 5/25/2012 7:31:11 PM
Bryan_Skull posted...
The Undertown is a place for werewolves and vampire players. More spells and summons and healing spells and some few new ones for the rest.

The weakness spells appears in the game. For d magic. Absorb spells for Restoration.

What would be the base Magicka cost (i.e. cost at 0 skill in their respective schools of magic) and what rank would these spells be (adept, expert, etc.)?

Also I think werewolves got a bad rep for being weak. I think as the werewolf grows in level so should there hp. And have a minor physical damage reduction. 5% phsyical damage protect per 10 levels. That's 40% physical damage protection at level 80. And the werewolf power becomes a less power. A quest is involved in to make it a lesser power. Also 5 unarmed damage per 10 levels. giving you +40 to unarmed damage as a werewolf at level 80. Also +2 percent in health regen per each player level. I feel like werewolfs have a stun in health regen. Or a slow health regen. Also +5 health per 2 player levels. That's an extra 200 health at level 80.

Not really feeling the HP and Regen thing. I think the DR would be more than enough to make up for a werewolf's inability to wear armor. And I think turning your beast form into a lesser power defeats the purpose of the Ring of Hircine. I'm also kind of iffy on the damage bonus, too. I think part of the fun of playing a werewolf is being a glass cannon (though I do believe the DR bonus could help your beast form scale with higher-level enemies); power does not come without a price, after all. There should be a balance.

Of course new power for vampires. Less powers. About 7 lesser powers. And no matter your stage in vampire. These vampires down here won't fight you. They are a peaceful clan to all vampires. A powerful vampire ring that all vampires get when they enter the undertown is a ring that returns then back to there original age before the vampire takes effect. And stopping there aging process. The stun effect in day light is remove as well. You can buy this ring in any shop for 500 gold. It's not a rare item in the undertown. The vampire servant turns into a permanent thrall.

What are the natures of these new powers and why should vampires get them? Actually, regardless of what those powers are, that's probably too many anyway. Also, vampires don't age anyway. Babette, the centuries-old little vampire girl in the Dark Brotherhood is proof of this.

You never happy with my ideas. The undertowns are underground of each town. They make the game more fun. Even if you aren't vampire and werewolf. You can still explore it. It also brings in arrow making into the smithing perk.

Why would every town have a hidden safe haven for werewolves and vampires? Wouldn't the fact that there would be so many make it more likely that they would be discovered and attacked? I think it would be more likely that such a place would be out in the middle of nowhere in some forest for werewolves, and in some ruin/mountainous area for vampires. And why would a non vampire/werewolf character be welcome in these places? Wouldn't the first assumption of the residents be that someone found them out and the interloper would rally some angry villagers (considering lycantropy and vampirism are the kind of things that scare people witless)? People would probably like the option to make their own arrows, but introducing it in this wouldn't really fit. Also, fun is subjective. Just throwing that out there.

I think an alternative that would generate fewer complaints from others would be werewolf and vampire perk trees like what Bethesda mentioned in an exhibition of features that didn't quite make it into the game (but appear to be slowly but surely patched in).
#6RedZakuPosted 5/25/2012 7:36:25 PM
I like how the way this topic is worded it might lead one to erroneously believe such a place already exists within the Lore of Skyrim, and this is the second time you've done it. In short -notsureiftrolling.-
---
-PSN: SeigZeon
Your logic fails more than the shields of the U. S. S. Enterprise.
#7airdroid2Posted 5/25/2012 9:22:13 PM
Aren't the companions werewolves and vampires?

This is kinda like having a thieves guild under every city, it doesn't really make sense.
#8nondescriptguy0Posted 5/25/2012 9:28:01 PM
airdroid2 posted...

This is kinda like having a thieves guild under every city, it doesn't really make sense.

Just werewolves, actually.

And isn't the Thieves' Guild supposed to have their hands in businesses across Skyrim and friends in high places (by the questline's end, anyway)? It would probably make more sense than what Skull is suggesting.
#9airdroid2Posted 5/26/2012 5:14:05 AM
nondescriptguy0 posted...
airdroid2 posted...

And isn't the Thieves' Guild supposed to have their hands in businesses across Skyrim and friends in high places (by the questline's end, anyway)? It would probably make more sense than what Skull is suggesting.

Yeah, they have their hands everywhere, but it wouldn't make sense for their to be a headquarters under every city.
#10cornishpetePosted 5/26/2012 5:19:16 AM
nondescriptguy0 posted...
airdroid2 posted...

everything makes more sense than what he suggests.
---
"Real Roman Legion? I thought that was all made up for the game. Was there a real one?" - 15643 -