For those considering to end their skyrim marriage

#1smfpthm13Posted 7/12/2012 5:58:14 PM
much like every other npc in this game my wife ysolda is stuck saying 3 phrases everyday for the rest of my life....in skyrim. every time i enter my home i try and sneak around her so i dont have to get the "hello my love" nail pounded into my head. lately ive been thinking of ways to "end" the marriage but havent gotten around to it because she makes me money is pleasant to see when i get home. but she is annoying as hell and may end it tonight. have any of u guys "ended" your marriage prematurely?
---
"I am the special effects."---Johnny Cage
#2spraynardtatumPosted 7/12/2012 6:03:15 PM
No but I think it would be awesome if you could actually have true marital problems in the game. Every once in a while you'd have to find some flowers for your wife/husband or something along those lines.

Spouses are hollow in this game. Not a big deal but they feel very disconnected from the game world.
---
Happy birthday Spray! I'm disappointed in you!
#3biggestmexicanPosted 7/12/2012 10:02:02 PM
I can't be the only man who's noted the similar spellings of marital & martial.
#4PapaRosario23Posted 7/12/2012 10:04:33 PM(edited)
I can't be the only man who's noted the similar spellings of Santa and Satan.

Not a big deal but they feel very disconnected from the game world.

Yeah I'm not sure why they even included wives. This isn't Fable.
---
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.
#5biggestmexicanPosted 7/12/2012 10:20:35 PM
Reload a pre-nup save (always have a pre-nup save) or only see the doll when you need the coin & enjoy a new house & companion.
Marriage in ps3 Skyrim is once-only but as it is here, divorce is bloody, but so expensive because it's worth it.
#6biggestmexicanPosted 7/12/2012 10:39:50 PM
& so you know, I married Ysolda once - when a redhead needs a mammoth tusk I run a' comin' - but I kept the pre-nup save & saved Soverangarde from Alduin too.
I'm just that good.
So get out there, soldier, find another but remember: Lydia & Jordis, they loved me first. You've been told.
My name is Inigo Montoya....
#7ClubKidPosted 7/13/2012 5:01:58 AM
you should be allowed to re-marry at least. That was it would make it easier to ditch someone if they are annoying you
---
"Best to be single and live all alone
Than to be married, and nagged by a crone"
#8KurandownedPosted 7/13/2012 9:41:41 AM
Back from some adventure I bet?
Here, this is for you love
---
Thou art I... And I am thou...
#9SoonersRock20Posted 7/13/2012 9:52:58 AM
Buy another house.
Move her there.
Never return.

Oh.. you can check in once a month or so to get the free gold if you want, but other than that...
---
I'm the FIFTH person to work the tasting counter in the last year!
#10psnshade71Posted 7/13/2012 10:57:38 AM
ClubKid posted...
you should be allowed to re-marry at least. That was it would make it easier to ditch someone if they are annoying you

Or have a wife in each hold. There could be trophy.
---
Psn: shade71 pawn lvl 200 sorceror, all DF gear, 2167 magic dmg, scather/mitigator
ALT: psn: shade1791 lvl 80 ranger(currently) scather/mitigator