Can't find Grimsever

#1edelbrock442Posted 8/16/2012 11:52:20 PM
I've looked all around the room, especially the area with the blood stain and all around the Centurion, is it possible the weapon is falling through the floor or table? The room is filled with holes and the area around where Grimsever is looks like the level designer got lazy and let a lot of mistakes slide. If i load a save before entering the room, upon re-entry the shield changes between hide, iron, and steel. But if i wait after a set amount of days will Grimsevers location reset to the default area considering i didn't touch it, or am i screwed?
Do i need to accept the quest for it first?

P.S. Found Daedric Armor in chest outside the room, didn't even know the drop was random.
#2keysmashPosted 8/17/2012 12:36:57 AM(edited)
edelbrock442 posted...

Uesp says no. It should be under the shield on the table by the exit.
Edit, actually it says maybe, it just isn't clear about it.
---
I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed
#3edelbrock442(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2012 12:36:42 AM
keysmash posted...
edelbrock442 posted...

Uesp says no. It should be under the shield on the table by the exit.

and what about the rest of my post?
#4IamI3rianPosted 8/17/2012 1:13:11 AM
OK... the room with Grimsever is a cell. You'd have to reload before entering the cell. This should "replace" everything in the room, every time. If it's through the floor, no amount of waiting will fix it. Unless it does, in which case waiting(ten days if not cleared, thirty days if cleared) would do it.

Deleting your game data + patches (NOT saves) and reinstalling should also rewrite the scripts, "re-placing" the sword if it's not there.

Honestly, I'd check a youtube vid. Chances are you're just missing it.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Oy Crabcakes. What're ya lookin' at?
#5swordinmyeyePosted 8/17/2012 4:36:06 AM
At that point, I'd just add it into my inventory with console. I hate doing stuff like that, but if the game screwed you over in the first place, it's probably okay so you can move on with your life.
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2252/sime.png
#6dmarinePosted 8/17/2012 5:23:27 AM
swordinmyeye posted...
At that point, I'd just add it into my inventory with console. I hate doing stuff like that, but if the game screwed you over in the first place, it's probably okay so you can move on with your life.

How exactly would he use the console on PS3? Shuffle on over to the PC board please.
#7edelbrock442(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2012 10:57:01 AM
checked vid, it must have fell through the floor. best chance of fix?
keep in mind i loaded a save before entering the room, so it's as if i never touched the place. i think i'm playing patch 1.4 or 1.5. is 1.6/7 glitch or bug infested? i heard there was stamina issues.
#8IamI3rianPosted 8/17/2012 12:24:40 PM
I just DL'd 1.7 last night. Not a single issue. I'm not certain I'd take my input though, since it's so very rare I get a bug that's unfixable or "set myself up" for one that's unpreventable. For example, in your case, I'd reload the save I made one floor back first. If that didn't work, I'd go back another floor.

Takes me a bit longer, with so many cycled saves, but the single "bug/glitch/annoyance" I've got is on my first ever character. Alvor died, before I knew any better. = /

It's possible one of my other characters has a stuck book in his inventory also, I vaguely remember that. No idea which character though, but I'd wager it's "Last King of the Ayleids" that's stuck... since that's what I seem to remember.

I might've reloaded though. = /
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Oy Crabcakes. What're ya lookin' at?
#9swordinmyeyePosted 8/19/2012 5:43:07 AM
dmarine posted...
swordinmyeye posted...

How exactly would he use the console on PS3? Shuffle on over to the PC board please.

I apologize, I totally thought that's where I've been posting for the last week. I can't believe I didn't notice that.
---
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2252/sime.png
#10xGenocidestPosted 8/19/2012 5:53:42 AM
I'm fairly certain you need the quest from Mjoll first to get it to show up.
---
Oh I know I lived this life before. Somehow I know now truths I must be sure.