Interesting rare items/finds

#1RKO_ON_RAWPosted 9/26/2012 11:06:01 AM
I feel we should make a topic listing rare items, their location and what quest (if any) need to be completed to get the said items.

Almost a year after Skyrim came out, I now realize getting Balgruuf's attire is possible after all. Been wanting that attire since last year.

Here goes:

Item = Noble Clothes (chest piece)
Description = It's what Jarl Balgruuf is wearing. The matching shoes are present there as well.
Location = East Empire Company Warehouse (it's found on a shelf a good way through the warehouse)
No Quest Required
---
Protip = Read the topic before making a post.
#2Alexbynum21Posted 9/26/2012 11:37:37 PM
wow i had no idea about that
---
symmetry at least your end will be beautiful-death the kid
#3ghost1927Posted 9/27/2012 12:32:49 AM
Those might be more common then you think, but good topic hope we get some rare stuff
---
black fc 4513 0412 5368 psn xDrakeXO
#4GSXRGuy750Posted 9/28/2012 3:40:13 PM
I found a Dragon Priest dagger in Volunruud. You can't smith it, which sucks. I thought it would be cool to take their own dagger and plant it firmly plant it in their chest. Oh well, not sure how rare it is, first time i have found one
#5Tru_To_The_GamePosted 9/28/2012 3:58:36 PM
I've been playing since december and just this month realized there's a chest partially hidden behind Arcadias in Whiterun, at least I think it's Arcadias...not near my game right now to check and my memory's only good for fifteen minutes usually. It's got a thieve's guild symbol next to it but I never paid attention to any of that.
---
If you have to cheat, you're admitting to yourself you're not good enough.
#6VT-14Posted 9/28/2012 4:16:14 PM
Tru_To_The_Game posted...
I've been playing since december and just this month realized there's a chest partially hidden behind Arcadias in Whiterun, at least I think it's Arcadias...not near my game right now to check and my memory's only good for fifteen minutes usually. It's got a thieve's guild symbol next to it but I never paid attention to any of that.

If it was marked by the "Thief's cache" shadowmark, then it was added after the Thieves guild took the town.
---
PSN: VT-14
Glitch? Have you followed this guide? -> http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/63933975
#7RKO_ON_RAW(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 6:52:09 AM
Item = Fur-trimmed cloak, pleated shoes and fine armguards

Description = What the Jarl of Winterhold and Bryling (a thane in solitude are wearing). More importantly, it's what Ulfric is wearing but the colours are different.

Location = Blue palace in solitude. Pickpocket them off of Bryling.

Quest = Bound Until Death (Dark Brotherhood Quest). Apparently after doing this quest, she loses her essential tag so you can pickpocket it off of her or finish her off and take it.

I can confirm that it works since I did it last night. (I pickpocketed it off her instead of killing)
---
Protip = Read the topic before making a post.
#8KaiborazPosted 10/3/2012 8:36:25 AM
The Diadem of the Savant.

I must have played through 2 or 3 chars before I noticed it.

Where - on a log outside Froki's shack in the South of Riften

It lowers the spell cost of all magic schools and no quest needs to be done.
#9Gladion20Posted 10/3/2012 8:50:12 AM
GSXRGuy750 posted...
I found a Dragon Priest dagger in Volunruud. You can't smith it, which sucks. I thought it would be cool to take their own dagger and plant it firmly plant it in their chest. Oh well, not sure how rare it is, first time i have found one

There's 2 in the college on display shelves
---
XboxLive: alphaomegatitan PSN: Jawzzus
http://www.blogger.com/profile/16297427773351461547
#10RKO_ON_RAW(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 8:54:54 AM
I should add that if Bryling is not in the blue palace she's probably in her house. It's pretty close to the blue palace actually.

In my game, I fast travelled to the blue palace and she was just leaving it at that time along with erikur or something.
---
Protip = Please read more than the topic title before making a post. At least read the first post.