Started new game. Could not save. ffffuuuuu

#1PJB-11Posted 1/6/2013 11:59:21 AM
I started a new game, turned off autosaves, played for about an hour, brought up the start menu.

All the options were greyed out and I had no option to save or load. I gave it plenty of time to "catch up" and was very patient but the save option remained greyed out no matter what.

When I bought up the circle menu however, it claimed to autosave every time. Suspicious, considering I turned off autosave.

Long story short, I restarted the PS3 and lost all my progress. Back at the opening scene. Groan.
---
Now Playing: AC3, Stranger's Wrath, Okami, UC3, ZOE HD.
#2VampyreFoxPosted 1/6/2013 12:33:18 PM
When at that menu where the save and load options are greyed out, scroll down the options, then back up. worked for me.
---
Lithium
#3xHiggsxPosted 1/6/2013 1:49:51 PM
Shouldn't have turned off the autosaves. :/
---
"It's by doing whatever that one becomes whoever" - Remi Gaillard
PSN: Black_Hound12
#4PJB-11(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2013 3:42:41 PM
VampyreFox posted...
When at that menu where the save and load options are greyed out, scroll down the options, then back up. worked for me.

usually works for me too but not this time. :( Nevermind. I gave up and turned it off in the end.
---
Now Playing: AC3, Stranger's Wrath, Okami, UC3, ZOE HD.
#5LiquidFuze180Posted 1/6/2013 4:35:48 PM
This is kind of sad but I've actually spent more of my Skyrim play-time doing the whole intro rather than actually playing the game.
---
i'm in here lookin for the next top model
but tonight we're drinking from the bottle
#6VT-14Posted 1/6/2013 7:21:08 PM
You didn't have a menu up when you tried this, right? you can't manually save in menus.

Examples:
-Looting containers
-Inventory menu
---
PSN: VT-14
Skyrim PS3 Troubleshooting Guide --> http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/65084
#7IamI3rianPosted 1/7/2013 5:29:28 AM
LiquidFuze180 posted...
This is kind of sad but I've actually spent more of my Skyrim play-time doing the whole intro rather than actually playing the game.

Not even remotely true. Nice story though.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I could write a book about what you don't know. --Skeletor
#8deadmarvPosted 1/7/2013 10:48:09 AM
PJB-11 posted...
I started a new game, turned off autosaves, played for about an hour, brought up the start menu.

All the options were greyed out and I had no option to save or load. I gave it plenty of time to "catch up" and was very patient but the save option remained greyed out no matter what.

When I bought up the circle menu however, it claimed to autosave every time. Suspicious, considering I turned off autosave.

Long story short, I restarted the PS3 and lost all my progress. Back at the opening scene. Groan.

Sounds just about right for a PS3 bethe$da game.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#91idiot666Posted 1/7/2013 12:59:40 PM
I feel your pain.

I have restarted this game several times -- on one of my re-starts same exact thing happened to me.
Lost a few hours of play time.

Later when I started again it did not happen -- just a weird bug -- oh well.
#10AurricXPosted 1/7/2013 3:15:29 PM
This actually happened to me on my very first playthrough -- what made it worse was that I thought "Maybe I have to get to a certain point before the game lets me save manually" and just kept going.

I finished the intro, most of Bleak Falls Barrow, and got killed at the end. Since I had no saves to reload to (Even autosaves didn't go through) the game just kept spinning around my dead body. I had to restart.