Spell absorption question

#1cornflakePosted 1/30/2013 9:04:45 AM
If spell absorption activates when you're hit with a shock spell or frost spell, does it also negate the respective magicka or stamina loss?
---
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6
#2BurningLancePosted 1/30/2013 9:23:24 AM
well if its like its magic resist version then it will also negate or reduce the mana and stamina loss.
---
3DS FC: 1355-7222-3011 ...PSN: BurningLance_2 -- NNID: BurningLance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas
#3VT-14Posted 1/30/2013 9:35:26 AM
spell absorption is all or nothing. if it activates; regenerates your magica... if it doesn't; you take full damage.
---
PSN: VT-14
Skyrim PS3 Troubleshooting Guide --> http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/65084
#4sconekillerPosted 1/30/2013 2:13:39 PM
and i thought i heard talk about it interfering with some self-cast spells. not sure if it'll foul up cloaks, muffle, invisibility; perhaps one of the experts will comment?
#5AmeriphPosted 1/30/2013 2:39:13 PM
sconekiller posted...
and i thought i heard talk about it interfering with some self-cast spells. not sure if it'll foul up cloaks, muffle, invisibility; perhaps one of the experts will comment?

It only has a chance to activate when it comes to hostile spells, and the only hostile spells are either Destruction ones or Shouts from enemy dragons or the occasional high level Draugr(Deathlord, Death Overlord, and, in extremely rare cases, Wight), and it may not even activate against Shouts. Not entirely certain on that, though they do technically count as hostile spells.
---
Looks like I was wrong, but 3DS accessories will not fit 3DS XL, so it's a waste of money. Good job, Ninty. Way to make the worst revision in history.
#6FreeMan5407Posted 1/30/2013 2:41:45 PM
sconekiller posted...

is conjuration, but not affect bound weapons