Infinite Armor Glitch... Glitch?

#1Strangest_ThingPosted 2/1/2013 3:54:56 PM(edited)
I realize glitching is bad and after playing Skyrim as much as I have, I don't care.

With that being said, I did the infinite armor wearing glitch at the Falkreath jail and am now wearing a couple rings and amulets as well as full Dragonscale and Nightingale with Krosis and a Falmer Helmet. The only reason for me having the Nightingale on at all is because I wanted to physically be wearing it, since it looks awesome.

The first time I tried to make this work, I used the Dragonscale and Krosis/Falmer Helmet as the extra set to give my follower, while I wore the Nightingale. When I finished the process I was wearing everything I wanted, however I was physically wearing the Dragonscale, not the Nightingale. So, the second time I tried this, I used the Nightingale as the extra set and finished the process wearing the Nightingale physically. Task complete!

Well, not exactly. I played for a couple hours and everything was fine, saved and shut off the PS3. Today when I continued my game, I'm still wearing both sets, however now I've got the Dragonscale on physically again. Is this a glitch? What happened?

When I saved, I was still wearing Nightingale physically, so this makes no sense to me. I understand the grand scheme of this whole situation is entirely pointless, but hey... I like to look cool when I enter 3rd person mode, as do most of you I'd assume.

Any help/ideas/solutions?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I have tried reloading, by the way. Didn't seem to fix the problem.
---
PSN: Red_Box
Death unto you.
#2demonwyrmPosted 2/1/2013 4:34:03 PM
I think your glitch is glitched.
---
Keeping my fingers crossed for the return of the Supersonics...
#3VT-14Posted 2/1/2013 4:41:32 PM
It's probably the armor rating. I'm assuming that your Dragonscale armor offers more protection than the Nightingale armor.

It may be the same programming that makes following wear better armor.

In then end... are you really complaining that your glitch is glitching?
---
PSN: VT-14
Skyrim PS3 Troubleshooting Guide --> http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/65084
#4Strangest_Thing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 4:45:23 PM
VT-14 posted...
It's probably the armor rating. I'm assuming that your Dragonscale armor offers more protection than the Nightingale armor.

No where in my original post did I make myself sound as though I were complaining. I simply asked if anyone knew the answer to my question.

Thanks for the feedback nonetheless, though it still leaves the question as to why I was physically wearing the Nightingale for a while, until turning off the PS3... weird.
---
How many more times...? One More Time.
#5VT-14Posted 2/1/2013 4:46:59 PM
Strangest_Thing posted...
VT-14 posted...

No where in my original post did I make myself sound as though I were complaining. I simply asked if anyone knew the answer to my question.

Thanks for the feedback nonetheless, though it still leaves the question as to why I was physically wearing the Nightingale for a while, until turning off the PS3... weird.

It's hard explaining glitches. For example; how do naked Dead Thralls regenerate their clothes every so often?
---
PSN: VT-14
Skyrim PS3 Troubleshooting Guide --> http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/65084
#6Strangest_Thing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 5:03:58 PM
So... suddenly I no longer have my Nightingale armor equipped at all, but physically I'm wearing my Nightingale stuff again, after doing nothing to change this... I've just been continuing my game and randomly went into 3rd person to find this out.
---
#7cymanxPosted 2/1/2013 9:03:04 PM
Honestly... it feels pointless to me at duping armor and equipment, unless you are uping daedric artifacts. I know I could use four or six black stars...
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#8Strangest_Thing(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 10:18:36 PM
cymanx posted...
Honestly... it feels pointless to me at duping armor and equipment, unless you are uping daedric artifacts. I know I could use four or six black stars...

I'm not talking about duping, there's a glitch to wear multiple sets of armor at the same time, which is what I'm talking about, not dupe a set of armor. If there even is a glitch to do that, I don't know how to and would never even bother because it seems extremely pointless.

On topic, I figured out a fix sort of. It seems that every time I've loaded my game since I left the room I was originally in and saved again, I'll be wearing the other set of armor. So saving in Nightingale and reloading will result in me wearing Dragonscale and vice versa.

I'm not sure why my armor didn't repeatedly change when I was reloading at first, but it is now... interesting glitch.

If this happens to anyone else, a summary of how I "fixed" it was simply to leave the room I was in, save, then reload that save. However, it only seems to be a temporary fix for your armor will change again once you reload.
---