I have been browsing UESP, and it seems the DLC REALLY favors Light Armor.Agree?

#1Mister_VanillaPosted 2/10/2013 8:03:10 AM
Dragonborn has two special quest only light armor sets, a lot of other light armor sets, and dawnguard has a lot more light armor than heavy. Also, the few heavy armor sets that they DO have, are all smithed from Advanced armor, a Light Armor perk.

If it werent for Nordic Carved, Id be a bit miffed.

/nordic carved looks freaking sweet,
#2demonwyrmPosted 2/10/2013 8:37:52 AM
There's also Bonemold, which requires the Steel smithing perk. It's nothing to write home about, though.
---
Keeping my fingers crossed for the return of the Supersonics...
#3MHettenbachPosted 2/10/2013 9:46:22 AM
Thats fine, I vastly prefer Light Armor anyway. I'd kill for a version of the Nightengale armor that was unenchanted, I have to settle for glitching to have the appearance and enchants of choice.

I just hope the light armors they have look decent on my toons, and have unenchanted versions so I can make my preferred armor enchants.
#4EvanW1109Posted 2/10/2013 9:59:31 AM
Hmm I wasn't aware of this. I may play Dragonborn with a different character now.
#5DuranOfForcenaPosted 2/10/2013 11:57:31 PM
MHettenbach posted...
Thats fine, I vastly prefer Light Armor anyway. I'd kill for a version of the Nightengale armor that was unenchanted, I have to settle for glitching to have the appearance and enchants of choice.

I just hope the light armors they have look decent on my toons, and have unenchanted versions so I can make my preferred armor enchants.

Your toons?
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#6MorvoniPosted 2/11/2013 12:09:19 AM(edited)
Yeah I don't know where it came from but Toon is just another way to say character. Well known by most online RPG'ers.

Well, actually, I've always kinda guessed it came from Cartoon, in the sense that it is an unreal character. But why people started using it or how it became popular is beyond me as even just saying "char" is just as easy.
---
Troll: A Cheeky,Tough-Talking Internerd; utilizing disruptive antics to fuel its Anti-Social Dysfunctionalism. On Internerd Bravery-Anon
#7DuranOfForcenaPosted 2/11/2013 12:22:19 AM
Morvoni posted...
Yeah I don't know where it came from but Toon is just another way to say character. Well known by most online RPG'ers.

Well, actually, I've always kinda guessed it came from Cartoon, in the sense that it is an unreal character. But why people started using it or how it became popular is beyond me as even just saying "char" is just as easy.

Yeah, I know what it is. Doesn't mean I can't still question its usage.
---
I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all...
#8MorvoniPosted 2/11/2013 1:17:48 AM
DuranOfForcena posted...
Morvoni posted...

Yeah, I know what it is. Doesn't mean I can't still question its usage.

Oh goodness, excuse me. I hadn't realized that I had implied you weren't free to say or ask what you chose to.

And yet...you are questioning MHettenbach's choice of the word "toons"...interesting.
---
Troll: A Cheeky,Tough-Talking Internerd; utilizing disruptive antics to fuel its Anti-Social Dysfunctionalism. On Internerd Bravery-Anon
#9Steavis09Posted 2/11/2013 5:25:12 AM
I only use light armor on one character, and even on that one it was done begrudgingly because I didn't have a character that used it. My problem with the light armors from the original release is that if you wear light armor you either look like a half naked barbarian or you wear these armor sets that just look so gaudy that I want to just delete every save file of that character.

Armor with best appearance in the light armor side of the smithing perk? In my mind it's the Steel Plate Armor, and that's just disappointing. It makes me feel like if I'm not using heavy armor, I should just not use armor and make a mage instead (and one of my other characters is actually a mage in heavy armor, I got bored.) While some of the unique, non-smithing light armor sets are decent looking, I can't say that makes up for it because that removes your ability to have custom-enchants on gear with a design you like, you are restricted to the settings in the game.

As for the DLC, having played on the 360 version before migrating to the PS3 version, a lot of the light armors released through it suffered from the exact same problem, and I was more than happy to stick to the heavies in Dawnguard.