Pure Warrior any fun?

#1JohnnyLindgrenPosted 2/10/2013 7:08:07 AM
Made this guy called Tarkus in honor of the amazing character in dark souls. Just mainly wondering what one handed weapons are most fun since I've got a shield in the other hand.
#2Lioyd_the_heroPosted 2/10/2013 7:10:49 AM
Pure anything is not good in Skyrim, yes at the begining being set towards one path of 6 skills (like the warrior) works well but later in the game once everything gets stronger being just a warrior or just a mage will kill you.
---
PSN howling_red
#3H0tSh0tzZPosted 2/10/2013 7:31:21 AM
Its all right being a warrior, nothing special. Also i dont think there a golem in this game :(
---
My idea of fun is seeing your insides on the outside (:
#4demonwyrmPosted 2/10/2013 7:34:02 AM(edited)
Lioyd_the_hero
Pure anything is not good in Skyrim, yes at the begining being set towards one path of 6 skills (like the warrior) works well but later in the game once everything gets stronger being just a warrior or just a mage will kill you.

This is completely untrue. Honing your skills in a certain style will pay out immensly once you've gotten to higher levels and unlocked the appropriate perks. You'll eventually be able to turn your warrior into a total tank.
---
Keeping my fingers crossed for the return of the Supersonics...
#5PootbirdPosted 2/10/2013 7:52:53 AM
Very fun, I enjoy it alot
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo
Official smoke hater of the ACIII boards
#6HBOSSPosted 2/10/2013 8:08:47 AM
I think a tank with spellbreaker would be fine due to that shields special ability.
Mages dont live long enough if a pure warrior is within melee range. Power attacks stagger plus shield bash and shouting frost or freeze will effectively neuter foes before you. Unless your surrounded and cannot battle cry out of it or something. Shouts really help pure builds in this regard.

A pure warrior no enchanting and no alchemy right? Just potions bought or found to be used? You can still powertank through the game. Its just that you probably need to play a bit more conservative on battles you can control while overwhelming enemies that may otherwise defeat you.

Perhaps a follower would help for the extra damage. Any type of follower will help you out plus mule stuff for ya.
---
You don't stop playing because you grow old,
You grow old because you stop playing
#7JohnnyLindgren(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:13:05 AM
Nice,

And is a mace more effective than a sword?
#8Tru_To_The_GamePosted 2/10/2013 8:17:34 AM
I've played my Conan character the most and have had no problems with anything. Pure warrior, no magic or enchanted items, I did use a few shouts 'cause they're so darn fun.
---
If you have to cheat, you're admitting to yourself you're not good enough.
#9sconekillerPosted 2/10/2013 8:22:16 AM
flaming implements of whackage are the best; frost and lightning look good for a change of pace, but fire does the most damage to the widest range of foes. you just have to put up with every other NPC cautioning you not to set the town ablaze

use all the poisons you find, especially early in the game when they'll be most effective (before you start facing fitter foes). it can be tedious to always have to stop and coat your weapon; so remember to do it when you're searching your fallen enemies (select USE instead of TAKE and you'll get a message confirming you want to poison your weapon)

stay away from staffs, or give 'em to your follower: you don't earn any experience points by using them
#10FadetooBlackPosted 2/10/2013 8:29:51 AM
FUN! I actually don't use shields and never have... I'm more of a counter-fighter and pretty good at avoiding attacks (keep moving). I have a sword in one hand and a healing spell or conjure (usually the bow conjure) in the other.

It gets even better when you find the samurai sword (Dragons Bane, Blades Sword, etc) because it has more rang and it looks cool with the sheath.
---
Rest in Piss