I Didn't Wanna Yell "Conspiracy" But.............

#1FadetooBlackPosted 2/10/2013 8:36:51 AM
I'm as excited as anyone that the DLC is finally coming but am I the only one here who smells a rat? That this delay was not done on purpose? Microsoft has a deal to get the DLC a month before Sony, but is that really good enough?

It's not enough to make people wanna jump ship to Microsoft. I honestly think that the DLC was purposely delayed and when you think about it, the games for both systems were released at the same time with no delays (the game wasn't held back because they were having trouble with the PS3) and updates were not delayed so I seriously doubt that it would take almost a year to get DLC to work on the PS3.

I'l probably get flamed for this but I honestly think Microsoft pushed for this delay. Why does it matter now? Because if it happens again I think PS3 gamers should boycott any DLC and maybe even Bethesda games in general (the latter being the most difficult, lol).
---
Rest in Piss
#2LordShogun_SASPosted 2/10/2013 8:39:04 AM
That's very interesting. Please, tell me more.
#3FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:45:00 AM
LordShogun_SAS posted...
That's very interesting. Please, tell me more.

Lol, you're being sarcastic?

Another thing that kills me is the people who say, "the delay gives them a chance to test the bugs on the Xbox so it'll be ready for the PS3"... Now I'm not the best programmer on my street, but how can you fix bugs for two DIFFERENT system on one console? You can't!

The fact that they made the game for both systems, with almost the equal amount of bugs tells me that they could have done better on this release... They were well aware of the "issues" they would have with the PS3 as they MADE the freakin' game to begin with.
---
Rest in Piss
#4VT-14Posted 2/10/2013 8:45:00 AM
If Microsoft payed so much to delay DLC for half a year, why wouldn't they go all the way and simply pay off Bethesda's losses and prevent PS3 from getting any DLC?

A publicly known 30 day exclusivity isn't bad; but Bethesda's reputation has a big stain on it now.

And why is the largest DLC coming out only 2 months late, where as the others are up to 6?

Why would Bethesda work with Sony to try and solve the issues if they were only waiting for an unknown exclusivity deal?

I believe that they have been working on resolving issues (and hopefully have fixed them). If anything, Microsoft has burned by paying for 30 day exclusivity on something that wasn't able to come out in 30 days anyway.
---
PSN: VT-14
Skyrim PS3 Troubleshooting Guide --> http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/65084
#5FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:45:35 AM
^^ SAME TIME POST BABY!!
---
Rest in Piss
#6VT-14Posted 2/10/2013 8:46:30 AM
FadetooBlack posted...
^^ SAME TIME POST BABY!!

Must be a conspiracy.
---
Skyrim PS3 Troubleshooting Guide --> http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/65084
#7FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 8:56:23 AM(edited)
If Microsoft payed so much to delay DLC for half a year, why wouldn't they go all the way and simply pay off Bethesda's losses and prevent PS3 from getting any DLC?

A publicly known 30 day exclusivity isn't bad; but Bethesda's reputation has a big stain on it now.

Why... Because why would you piss on a large portion of your fanbase? They have more to lose by NOT giving us the content at all then delaying it, and it looks MORE like a conspiracy if they did that. RIGHT-NOW money is better than long-term money; right-now money solves a lot of budget problems.

And why is the largest DLC coming out only 2 months late, where as the others are up to 6?

That they illusion, ya see... "Hey we managed to solve the issues we had with the first one so this one didn't take as long"... That's the art of a deception, the lie doesn't have to make sense, it just has to sound good.

Why would Bethesda work with Sony to try and solve the issues if they were only waiting for an unknown exclusivity deal?

I believe that they have been working on resolving issues (and hopefully have fixed them). If anything, Microsoft has burned by paying for 30 day exclusivity on something that wasn't able to come out in 30 days anyway.

Bethesda working WITH Sony has BS written all over it... Again, they MADE A WHOLE GAME, what is it with the system that they all of a sudden don't understand??? "Working with" are words people use to give the public when they have no explanation. Investigators use that all the time.
---
Rest in Piss
#8VT-14Posted 2/10/2013 8:59:30 AM
FadetooBlack posted...

Why... Because why would you piss on a large portion of your fanbase? They have more to lose by NOT giving us the content at all then delaying it, and it looks MORE like a conspiracy if they did that. RIGHT-NOW money is better than long-term money; right-now money solves a lot of budget problems.

RIGHT-NOW money would be from Microsoft.

Buying off DLCs has also already happened: TESIV: Oblivion. Horse armor, wizards tower, Mehrunez Razor, etc. All DLCs that Microsoft bought off Bethesda to not release to PS3.
---
#9FadetooBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2013 9:06:11 AM
VT-14 posted...
FadetooBlack posted...

Buying off DLCs has also already happened: TESIV: Oblivion. Horse armor, wizards tower, Mehrunez Razor, etc. All DLCs that Microsoft bought off Bethesda to not release to PS3.

Yea but how major was that content? Horse armor doesn't sound like such a big deal, don't know what those others are.
---
Rest in Piss
#10VT-14Posted 2/10/2013 9:06:42 AM
FadetooBlack posted...
VT-14 posted...
FadetooBlack posted...

Yea but how major was that content? Horse armor doesn't sound like such a big deal, don't know what those others are.

How major is building your own house?
---