Question Regarding Dawnguard and the Companions

#1WylzePosted 2/18/2013 12:22:41 AM
Would it be best to hold off on the Companion questline until Dawnguard is released so I get the most out of the feeding?
---
Carpe Dizm.
#2fallenangel2100Posted 2/18/2013 12:24:50 AM
If your low level I guess with high level wolfing becomes worthless
#3am0ngth3c1oudsPosted 2/18/2013 12:28:39 AM
The Companions only force you to transform once, so no biggy there. The quest to cure yourself is a radiant quest given to you after you do a bunch of other radiant quest's the the main Companions quests are finished. Using your Werewolf form is up to you, but ironically enough I wouldn't recommend it against the Silver Hand.. they'll destroy you fast with their silver weapons.

The Dawnguard, as far as I know, are like anyone else when it comes to being a werewolf and you'd have to transform in front of them to cause a reaction. And unless you plan on becoming a Vampire Lord, its not required that you do.

In short- Go ahead and play through the Companions, just don't get rid of your Lycanthropy.
#4am0ngth3c1oudsPosted 2/18/2013 12:40:58 AM
fallenangel2100 posted...
If your low level I guess with high level wolfing becomes worthless

Not true. After the Dawnguard perks, only weapons that have been hella-crafted with Enchantments and Potions and what not will do more damage that the Werewolf.

*possible spoiler*

it's base damage with claw attacks is 80, increased to 160 with perks. You power attacks ragdoll enemies. You armor rating goes to 400 (the cap is 567, even if your Armor Rating says its higher). You can sprint faster than a horse, and that can be followed up with a power attack that even ragdolls giants. You have a Battle Cry roar that can be used as often as you like and you get +100 to your health and stamina. Another perk allows you to get double the amount of health from corpses you feed on. Of course you could always change your Roar ability to summon two other werewolves.

In comparison, a Legendary (Smithing 100, no other boosts) Daedric Sword is doing about 72 damage per hit with 5/5 Armsman and 100 One-Handed Skill and is considerably harder to obtain than Lycanthropy. You'd have to add enchantments to the weapon and the armor to increase it's damage.
#5fallenangel2100Posted 2/18/2013 12:44:53 AM
Thats just what I meant werewolf in vanilla is just crap without the wolf tree its just a cooler way to move faster
#6am0ngth3c1oudsPosted 2/18/2013 12:49:37 AM
fallenangel2100 posted...
Thats just what I meant werewolf in vanilla is just crap without the wolf tree its just a cooler way to move faster

Completely agree on that. I think the Companions in general was meant to be early game material. The Shield of Ysgamor and Wuuthrad are awesome items, but later in the game they just don't hold up since they can't be improved. Wolf Armor is steel armor, but looks better and is lighter. Skyforge weapons aren't too bad I suppose.
#7HalecticPosted 2/18/2013 1:08:24 AM
Good news is, you get the option to turn back into a Werewolf with Dawnguard if you cure yourself
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#8fallenangel2100Posted 2/18/2013 1:18:16 AM
Halectic posted...
Good news is, you get the option to turn back into a Werewolf with Dawnguard if you cure yourself

How do you regain lycanthropy after curing?
#9BurningLancePosted 2/18/2013 1:53:59 AM
btw if you are a werewolf travel to Solstheim and find the werewolf pack and buy the ring of the hunt or moon since it lets you regen health while a werewolf ^_^
---
3DS FC: 1355-7222-3011 ...PSN: BurningLance_2 -- NNID: BurningLance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas
#10WillOfTheDPosted 2/18/2013 2:59:57 AM
I think vampire lord is a lot better than the werewolf. You can transform as many times a day as you want (without a ring), and give you extra powers in human form.
---
PSN-linebacker777