DLC idea- your thoughts?

#1Benwright2000Posted 2/20/2013 4:48:53 PM
Perhaps a feature that allows you to build a shop of any type from scratch (hearthfire style) in a city or near a HF house and lets you sell your goods. And a way to make your own guild and become known all over Skyrim. Any thoughts or something to add to the idea would be great.
---
Axton as the Commando, Maya as the Siren, Zer0 as a number and Salvador as the fat insane midget!
#2ProdrivertnPosted 2/20/2013 4:56:07 PM
Shop idea is nice. At some point Beth needs to stop on V and start on VI. I'm pretty content with what we got. Add DG for icing.
#3Danilo-dkPosted 2/20/2013 4:57:07 PM
I can't think of a way of implementing something like that without it just being either more trouble than it's worth or just plain boring.

Managing your own shop... would you buy, mine, hunt the things you sell? Who would sell it? It can't be like the shops that are in the game now. Just standing there 12 hours a day.

And how about your own guild? Would you send people on quests? How would you acquire these quests? What else would a guild master do?

I haven't given this idea much thought yet, but I'm not really seeing much potential. A guild maybe, but a shop probably not.
---
PSN: DAN1L0_DK
#4Benwright2000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 5:05:51 PM
For the shop maybe have a steward or something to run it or run it manually, the guild- recruit people from all over, have a list of quests or objectives maybe, I didn't think much but decided to post anyway :P
---
Axton as the Commando, Maya as the Siren, Zer0 as a number and Salvador as the fat insane midget!
#5H0tSh0tzZPosted 2/20/2013 5:14:08 PM
My first idea is quite a small expansion on konahonarik. You place your masks down and are greeted by the 8 priests and then maybe you talk with the lord konha and you fight to the death.
---
My idea of fun is seeing your insides on the outside (:
#6PootbirdPosted 2/20/2013 5:18:00 PM
No I have a way to fix this idea

You may set up shop in one of the major cities and can ask your spouse or steward if you have one to run it, your spouse always says they set up shop yet ironically they never go anywhere, they just stay in the house which annoys me as I want to see them leave the kitchen sometimes while I tend to my magic lol

Perhaps when you set up shop you have multiple options on what you can sell

Blacksmith shop:
Spouse sells weapons and armour, can request one free levelled weapon/armour from your spouse per week
Gold payment is high but comes in slow (once per week)

Alchemy shop:
Spouse sells food and ingredients, can request 5 levelled potions per week
Gold payment is low but comes in fast (once per 2 days)

General good store:
Spouse sells clothes and many useless misc, can request 4 free clothes per week
Gold payment is medium and income comes in at a moderate rate (once per 5 days)

Pub:
A outside bar with stools and such, popular for guards who want to remain outside
Spouse sells meads and alcohol and occasionally foods that can be used to create the fondue.
Gold payment is high and comes in a moderate rate ( once per 4 days,this is the upside for not being able to request free items)

I think a out-side pub would really lighten up the dull cities, and heck even throw in some drunk guards lol
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo
Official smoke hater of the ACIII boards
#7PootbirdPosted 2/20/2013 5:18:33 PM
H0tSh0tzZ posted...
My first idea is quite a small expansion on konahonarik. You place your masks down and are greeted by the 8 priests and then maybe you talk with the lord konha and you fight to the death.

That would be a rather short DLC, it would need a story and such
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo
Official smoke hater of the ACIII boards
#8AkadiasPosted 2/20/2013 5:20:18 PM
I have always wanted to have some type of expansion on being a guild leader, but I can see how that would be difficult to implement to the game. Perhaps going down the same road Assassins Creed went? Recruiting members by means of random encounters (NPC attacked by a few bandits or something) could work.

Sending them to do quests can possibly be done the same way. You have a log book and when you click on it, it pulls up a menu of sorts. That menu can be used to promote members, send them on quests and more. Perhaps if this guild focused on a rival fighters guild to the companions, you can send members to hunt beasts or perhaps maybe a rival guild to the blades. You send them on their way and check back in a day or two game time. Maybe have a steward or someone keep track or just check the book yourself. As your members complete quests, you can earn more upgrades to the guild.

As much work as this may seem to be, there is a chance it could work. I am sure many changes would be made to this idea too of course. This is not likely to happen for Skyrim, but it is something to think about for future Elder Scrolls games.
---
Why So Serious?
#9Iceaxe0140Posted 2/20/2013 5:27:58 PM(edited)
What I want is the ability to build your own prison. If an enemy yields while fighting, you would be given the option to throw them in your prison. Then have them work in some sort of mines like Markarth has. Every so often, you'll get ores and jewels depending on the number of prisoners you have in it. Then you can visit them and make fun of them with special dialogue.

Also, attach an Arena to it. Make it so you can challenge any of the prisoners for their freedom. You fight in an arena like Oblivion had.
#10Benwright2000(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 2:50:26 AM
Drunken guards stumbling about would be the perfect time to go thief mode everywhere! They should make it more realistic so you can set up camp somewhere and hunt, camping kit, new diseases. MORE DLC!
---