Dawnguard Freezing my game... NOT the water

#1moonlithunterPosted 2/27/2013 10:48:12 AM
Just wanted to offer a serious warning to those who haven't purchased Dawnguard yet, its causing the textures to drop to ridiculous levels in in certain dungeons, ( For me this has been Dark Brotherhood Dawnstar sanctuary and Castle Volkihar where the frame rate issues have led to several freezes. )

To the naysayers/ possessed fan boy defenders- I know to uninstall/ update with new patch etc etc. My PS3 is the newest model and I plenty of memory available.

I had privately feared this- the DLC's- might make Skyrim a broken game, but I held out hope since Sony sent a team to Bethesda to code this content for the system,....

..... Stupid me.

I'll report more as I discover more, but meanwhile if you haven't yet downloaded the DLC.... dont.

Buy it to take advantage of the price and wait for the next patch, or be prepared to do hard resets.... which is NOT good for the PS3.
---
Basking in the red afterglow....
#2RPGaddictionFTWPosted 2/27/2013 10:50:37 AM
12 hours into dawnguard no lag or freezes. guess im lucky. ^-^
---
PSN darkconsumesall7 Eagerly awaiting FFXIV. ^-^
Counter-Strike PSN Reiji_Meigo
#3VT-14Posted 2/27/2013 11:00:58 AM
RPGaddictionFTW posted...

Your not lucky, TC's just unlucky. It's the unlucky people who are loudest (making them seem like the majority.)

No issues with Dawnguard for me.
---
PSN: VT-14
Skyrim PS3 Troubleshooting Guide --> http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/65084
#4aenimisPosted 2/27/2013 11:20:18 AM
VT-14 posted...
RPGaddictionFTW posted...

Your not lucky, TC's just unlucky. It's the unlucky people who are loudest (making them seem like the majority.)

No issues with Dawnguard for me.

I had one system freeze so I turned off auto saves for my level 81 with 17mb saves and I haven't had a problem since. This particular character is just shy of 300 hours. I'm not down-playing your issues TC, but you shouldn't tell everyone to say screw Bethesda because you're having issues. I think it might help for you to approach this problem from a different angle and try not to be so hopeless about it. This is just my opinion so don't take it as a verbal assault.
---
Vie Victis!
#5Rougarou_31337Posted 2/27/2013 11:41:41 AM
Everyone download dawnguard, there are no freezes or lag whatdoever
#6drclaeysPosted 2/27/2013 12:04:57 PM
Friends,

Most people are happy with this DLC. of course it took MONTHS to come out, but it seems OK. Well maybe OK for beth games.

What I dont see in your post is your file size? or how much of the game did you do FIRST? maybe you have play habits that are just against the grain of the skyrim engine. you leave stuff everywhere, you move stuff, you go into every dungeon and cave and pick up stuff and drop it. I really dont know.

but if 4 people say its ok, and one does not, I might be more inclined to believe the 4 and not the one. if you get my drift.

I bought the complete edition of Fallout 3, Yep had problems. I got the complete version of New vegas, yep Had problems. BUT did I also have fun. SURE DID!!!

Thank you for sharing. Can you give us more details on your game, autosaves, file sizes, style of play, how much stuff done, etc....
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#7FullMetal129Posted 2/27/2013 12:11:19 PM
No TC is right...My framerate has dipped a great deal as well and im only at around 6000mb. It was running super smooth before Dawngaurd now its running choppy and freezes during my load screens. I just deleted the install data but i havent booted it back up yet...Im REALLY hoping this solves the issue...Maybe ill retry the patch download again too.
#8SpurnerPosted 2/27/2013 12:13:17 PM
You sure have had a lot of problems with this game, TC, and not just recently.
#9Mason9127Posted 2/27/2013 12:23:09 PM
FullMetal129 posted...
No TC is right...My framerate has dipped a great deal as well and im only at around 6000mb. It was running super smooth before Dawngaurd now its running choppy and freezes during my load screens. I just deleted the install data but i havent booted it back up yet...Im REALLY hoping this solves the issue...Maybe ill retry the patch download again too.

you have a 6GB save? maybe that's the problem...
#10Opinion8edPosted 2/27/2013 12:26:16 PM(edited)
Sorry your having a bad time running the DLC, but not everyone has the same exact issue with every piece of software.

Personally, I never had any of the original issues with the vanilla game, Dragonborn caused a little lag at times, but Dawnguard has actually fixed that for me. My game (13MB save - 156 hours) is now running better than ever.
---
PSN: Havoc_Evermore