Is there a point to Legendary Skills?

#1RushFan123456Posted 3/8/2013 2:46:08 PM
I feel like Bethesda missed the mark on this one. You reset your skill after 100 and it goes to 15 and resets your perks, all for the purpose of an infinite leveling system? That's just sheer grind with no reward. Maybe if they added new perks that required you to be past 81, but is this seriously just for the sake of saying "Yeah I'm level 500 in Skyrim, what of it?"

Now that I think about it, won't this eventually make the game unplayable? Say for instance you reset your Destruction tree and level it back up to 100, thus getting you to level I don't know, 120 or so in the process. Enemies have now effectively leveled to you, but it's as if you still have your level 81 skills. See the issue? Since damage you do from magic doesn't scale with level, your 115 damage incinerate is going to eventually just chip away pathetically at an enemy's health.

Is this really just for Health / Magicka / Stamina increases and for people complaining the game was too easy?

You can't just remove the level cap and give us nothing to work toward Bethesda...
---
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice. -The Grey Wardens. PSN: killuquiker
#2Danilo-dkPosted 3/8/2013 2:57:22 PM
Look at it like this. Now if you want to reach higher levels, you won't have to go out of character and level skills you won't ever use.

Besides, I think many people will find the game more enjoyable once they have something to work for again.
---
PSN: DAN1L0_DK
#3RushFan123456(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:00:30 PM
I guess that's a good point, but do you see my problem? To what are we woking for exactly? To use an incredibly nerdy comparison, it's like leveling up in D&D and gaining nothing but more HP. You are no more powerful despite being a level higher, which in my opinion is what leveling is supposed to simulate.
---
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice. -The Grey Wardens. PSN: killuquiker
#4XBPilotPosted 3/8/2013 3:16:57 PM
Other than the increase in Magicka, Health and/or Stamina, you will also earn more perks.

I'm not well studied on this whole update but I also do not believe the enemies will continue to level. Maybe I'm wrong. Feel free to correct me if I am.

Also they have the "Legendary" difficulty setting.
#5Lestat007Posted 3/8/2013 3:25:25 PM
After this patch will I be able to get to lvl 81 without touching a skill I do not like? Say 2 handed, I could forgo that skill and still fight the guy that shows up at lvl 81?
---
PSN- Shinji0Ikari (the # zero)
#6NasteemanPosted 3/8/2013 4:29:04 PM
Lestat007 posted...
After this patch will I be able to get to lvl 81 without touching a skill I do not like? Say 2 handed, I could forgo that skill and still fight the guy that shows up at lvl 81?

Yes, just don't bother making any skills legendary, and just play the game like you are now.
#7OzeroCaPosted 3/8/2013 4:50:53 PM
"New DLC allows you to explore not only all of Tamriel, but all of Nirn. Level 892 minimum."
---
/__\ Sci-fi books with a lil humoUr and horror and the occasional lesbian hero?
\__/ www.ozero.ca PSN:ozero -I used to be ObsidianZero here. Before ThE cHaNgE!
#8Van_Of_The_DawnPosted 3/8/2013 4:58:15 PM
That's not how enemies scale. Only certain enemies scale with you. Like guards, and ulfric. A lot of em don't. They scale in your early stages but stop and become static.
---
"Holler if ya need me, holler if ya need reefer, CUZ I BE BALLIN'"
#91337ROXPosted 3/8/2013 6:32:25 PM
I thought it was lvl 51 enemies stopped scaling to you.
---
That looks like a homing shot!
3DS: 4511-0726-1828
#10NoFearNotPosted 3/8/2013 11:38:09 PM
Maybe there will be a Daedric Warrior waiting at the 'final sigil' after you reach level 500.