Confused about DLC, enchanting, smithing and alchemy

#11Dweepizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 11:31:39 AM
Yep, I know that the black one is easier to fill, since there's a ton of humanoids around all the time.

Also, I just found out why it was 24% and not 25%. I only had 97 enchanting, not 100. Didn't think that mattered, since I have all the perks, but apparently it DOES matter :)

Now the next question is what armor to make! I'm a little tired of playing as a mage and I'm going to try to spec a bit more assassin-like. Dragonscale is the best light armor out there, right?
#12VT-14Posted 4/29/2013 11:36:44 AM(edited)
Dweepizzle posted...
Now the next question is what armor to make! I'm a little tired of playing as a mage and I'm going to try to spec a bit more assassin-like. Dragonscale is the best light armor out there, right?

Dragonscale has the highest base armor rating out of all the light armor.

However, the armor cap is a rating of 567. anything higher doesn't matter.

With 100 smithing + some potions and perks; you should be able to make at least Elven reach the cap. You could probably make Leather or lower armors reach the cap if you tried.

All in all, go with what you find aesthetically pleasing.
---
PSN: VT-14
Skyrim PS3 Troubleshooting Guide --> http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/65084
#13Dweepizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 6:55:22 PM
Thanks again for the answers! I decided to go for the Dragonscale. I'm trying to decide on what enchantments to get for my stuff now though.

This is what I'm thinking so far:

Breastplate: Fortify Destruction & Magicka Regen + Fortify Health/ Fortify Destruction
Gloves: Fortify Archery + Magicka/One-Handed (in case I want to get close for once)
Helm: Fortify Archery + Fortify Destruction/Magicka/Magicka Regen
Ring and Amulet: Fortify Archery + Resist Magic
Boots: One-handed + Muffle/Fortify Sneak

What do you guys think about this setup? I want to be able sneak around with my bow, but if I feel like it once in a while, go for a backstab. If I get tired of that, then be able to spam my destruction spells. I'll be conjuring my weapons, so no enchants for them.

What's the best out of Fortify Sneak and Muffle? I tried to look it up, but it seems really confusing. Let's say I have 100 in Sneak and all the perks in the sneak tree - will either of the enchants actually help me?