is legendary difficulty only for the skyrim legendary edition?

#1FENR1R13Posted 7/3/2013 10:04:26 AM
I was told this by a gamestop employee.. is it true?
---
"I gotta get a pump.."
PSN: chibi_BATMAN
#2Nikore gfPosted 7/3/2013 10:21:38 AM
No, he/she lied to you. You need patch 1.9 for legendary difficulty, which was released a few months ago for vanilla Skyrim.
#3VT-14Posted 7/3/2013 5:59:47 PM
That employee either doesn't play Skyrim, or is an idiot. Likely both.

The only difference between the Legendary Edition and Vanilla are price, and where you download the updates from (Legendary has Patch and DLCs on the disk, while Vanilla has to download from the internet and PSStore).

Vanilla has the option to play without a patch (for exploits). That's the only notable difference between the two versions.
---
PSN: VT-14
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
#4FENR1R13(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2013 11:24:14 PM
Kool thanks for the help! I found a use skyrim for $20 and was gonna try it out. The only dlc I might get is dragonborn, I plan on passing up dawnguard and heartfire.
---
"I gotta get a pump.."
#5Vohn_ExelPosted 7/4/2013 9:13:31 PM
Dawnguard is great! All you have to do to avoid vampires in towns is avoid towns by night, and once you complete the main quest, they go away. Dawnguard is a lot of fun and adds to the game.
---
Black FC: 0003 3193 6389/
I have nothing witty to put here
#6FENR1R13(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2013 11:04:36 PM
Isn't dawnguard really short compare to dragonborn? Truthfully Twilight made me hate vampires for a long time. I remember when vampires were kickass, blade, underworld, lost boys.
But i'll look into it some more. Once I'm done with vanilla skyrim I'LL see about picking it up XD
---
"I gotta get a pump.."
#7FrostmerePosted 7/4/2013 11:26:00 PM
Yeah, Dragonborn is longer but Dawnguard has some pretty nifty stuff.
#8Sl3pniirPosted 7/5/2013 1:13:24 AM
Bah. Idiots like that give the rest of us retail workers a bad name and make people automatically assume we don't know what we're talking about.
---
PSN: TheNozzle
Emrii: The only thing opposing UAVs see is my rocket flying at it....
#9VillianousMonkyPosted 7/5/2013 5:33:15 AM
Just a question for clarification sake: Vohn_Exel just said when you finish the main quest vampires go away. Is that the dawnguard main quest, or the main quest of the vanilla game. Cause if it's the main quest of the vanilla game, that would definitely rock my socks.
---
Currently playing all Final Fantasy games in order. Now playing: Final Fantasy 4 DS
#10JOKR_bAd_habitzPosted 7/5/2013 6:09:41 AM
VillianousMonky posted...
Just a question for clarification sake: Vohn_Exel just said when you finish the main quest vampires go away. Is that the dawnguard main quest, or the main quest of the vanilla game. Cause if it's the main quest of the vanilla game, that would definitely rock my socks.

The main Dawnguard quest. It wouldn't make much sense if ending the dragon invasion also ended the vampire invasion.

"WHAT?! The dragons are gone?! Let's just stop"