Elder Scrolls Anthology by Bethesda Softworks for ps3?

#1drclaeysPosted 8/28/2013 11:32:54 AM
Friends,

I just saw this in the game stop ad.

Elder Scrolls Anthology by Bethesda Softworks

I am 99% sure its a pc only thing, but I was just praying that maybe they all work on ps3 also.

I tried to read all the fine print, but could not find any system info.

does anyone know anything about this.

Thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Oblivion, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage
#2VT-14Posted 8/28/2013 11:34:57 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Elder-Scrolls-Anthology-Includes-Skyrim-Morrowind-Oblivion-More-58005.html

"Although later games in the series were released on consoles, the first few were only available on PC. As such, the Elder Scrolls Anthology is a PC exclusive. I guess Bethesda didn't think porting the older games to Xbox 360 or PS3 would be a worthwhile pursuit."
---
PSN: VT-14
"Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Pratchett
#3drclaeys(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 4:32:38 AM
Friends,

Yep, I googled, this, and in that other ad it said PC. I get all excited for nothing.

thank you for sharing. Sort of.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Now playing: Oblivion, Dragons Dogma: DA PSN: DrClaeys | Vica | 125 Mage
#4ProdrivertnPosted 8/29/2013 5:21:11 AM
I've got Morrowind on the PC. Graphics are so dated that's its hard to play long unless your into retro gaming. It also has a lot of those read and check the box dialogs and that gets old fast. Just saying. I can only imagine the earlier games are worse about both of those complaints.

On the bright side, I finally made it out of the dark vale no thanks to clairvoyance.
#5Lazy JonesPosted 8/29/2013 6:04:49 AM
I very much want to play all of the elder scrolls games. I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim and loved them both. I would love them to repackage the older ones. Maybe one day.
---
>: |
#6luigi4728Posted 8/29/2013 1:03:32 PM
Lazy Jones posted...
I very much want to play all of the elder scrolls games. I've only played Oblivion and Skyrim and loved them both. I would love them to repackage the older ones. Maybe one day.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/download-the-elder-scrolls-arena-daggerfall-for-free/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/22320/

have fun!
---
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=5864250 < click for real sig
#7tiki203Posted 8/29/2013 3:12:05 PM
I wish it would be a ps3 port. Maybe the ps4 will get a morrowind HD port, but it's doubtful
---
Start: June 2013, 125 pounds 5'11 August 12 2013: 138 pounds 6'
#8riddlebox89Posted 8/29/2013 3:27:34 PM
*takes sunglasses off*

By the nine!

*sees PC only*

...Oh well I guess, least I know that only Skyrim won't run all that great on mine but should run the others fine, yay I can actually start getting into Oblivion without having to borrow it from my sisters boyfriend only to have him ask for it back a week later!
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#9nickizgr8Posted 8/29/2013 6:45:00 PM
Prodrivertn posted...
I've got Morrowind on the PC. Graphics are so dated that's its hard to play long unless your into retro gaming. It also has a lot of those read and check the box dialogs and that gets old fast. Just saying. I can only imagine the earlier games are worse about both of those complaints.

On the bright side, I finally made it out of the dark vale no thanks to clairvoyance.

Yeah where do those games get of making you READ quest text. I mean what the hell. Quest text is meant to be skipped. You don't need to know where you are going you have a map marker for that. They really just need to add a auto pilot now that will take you to the quest area. I mean who wants to travel to a quest area now.

Here we have ladies and gentlemen, the ugly truth, and reason why Skyrim and Oblivion were dumbed down so much.
#10riddlebox89Posted 8/29/2013 11:22:31 PM
nickizgr8 posted...
Prodrivertn posted...

Yeah where do those games get of making you READ quest text. I mean what the hell. Quest text is meant to be skipped. You don't need to know where you are going you have a map marker for that. They really just need to add a auto pilot now that will take you to the quest area. I mean who wants to travel to a quest area now.

Gee lets see, how could having to read the in-game text be a problem...oh how about if you've already played it and want to go through it with a different play style and already know what the dialogue is and don't want to sit through it again even when the game makes you?
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.