Welp, ESO delayed 6 mos for consoles. Time to fire up a new save file.

#1ProdrivertnPosted 5/8/2014 11:14:09 AM
Anyone surprised?

I'm waiting on how they try to explain this.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/982902-bible
#2Tyras_FFFPosted 5/8/2014 11:46:54 AM
Hence my topic. Guess I can hold off on getting the internet for a bit longer, now. ;)
---
Always bring a mime, because anything worth doing is worth doing twice.
#3NemesisOgreKingPosted 5/8/2014 5:13:27 PM
Tyras_FFF posted...
Hence my topic. Guess I can hold off on getting the internet for a bit longer, now. ;)

Uh... a paradox.
---
Gamers hate Innovation, change, and original thought. Gamers are just like
everybody else, stupid and don't know what they want.
#4Prodrivertn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 7:54:25 PM
I'm expecting a bunch of Pete Hines' snide tweets about how great everything is but he just can't give us any details. 6 Bethesda months = 12 Earth months.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/982902-bible
#5Pyth_the_BullPosted 5/9/2014 7:31:20 AM(edited)
Oh man, I just can't go anywhere near that game. Deep down I know it's just a poorly made cash grab from Zenimax and I really can't support that.

But I know they'll still sell millions of copies off the name alone.
---
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
#6enjelsamaPosted 5/9/2014 9:48:40 AM
I doubt there any "real" issue.

they'll make up some stuff, making consoles seem "not good enough" its all a ploe to get more PC users, and build hype.
Most other game companies have issues going PC,..... they seem to have issues going to console.

Pyth, its not a bad game actaully. Starter areas, suck bad. And you really build a dislike for it.
Once your out in open world, and got all choices. Its more intresting.
Not best, not really what I wanted from a ES Online game. But its fun.

I'm just hoping for monthly rate to drop, or better deals. I got plenty of free MMO's to play. I have no reason to drop more then orignal 3month plan.
---
Mmmm Choco Cookies
Capcom Moderator: Yuffie
#7Pyth_the_BullPosted 5/9/2014 1:50:01 PM
enjelsama posted...
Pyth, its not a bad game actaully. Starter areas, suck bad. And you really build a dislike for it.
Once your out in open world, and got all choices. Its more intresting.
Not best, not really what I wanted from a ES Online game. But its fun.

As long as you're having fun and are happy with your purchase, there's nothing wrong with it. I'm just stating an opinion from what I've heard about the game without actually playing it myself.

And like all MMOs, I'm sure it will be much improved a year from now. So maybe the console delay will be beneficial for console players. I just hate being a glorified beta tester for MMOs in the early stages of their life.
---
"Their hopes dashed on our shields! Their victory slashed by our swords!"
#8Hanzou74Posted 5/9/2014 3:31:14 PM
They should have delayed release for PC, too, nevermind consoles. At least we have a better chance of starting the game when it's in a better condition.

I can't get over how they released the game in such a way. I'm not complaining about technical issues, or glitches, or gold spammers, etc... That's just the growing pains of any MMO these days.

What squanches my hide is how little of Tamriel is available to the player. Not every guild is available from the start. ...what? How will Morag Tong fit in? Witch covens from daggerfall? No dwemer motif? No housing.. in a TES game? No junk items to decorate with? Can you see the southern continent at all, where those gross sea elves live? Or better yet... go there? Can't make jewelry, really? Has anyone even thought about some of these things? Why can't i buy a ship and head to Akavir? I wanna punch some of those monkey things.

Suddenly an entire continent seems very small and poorly thought out. TES, being in MMO form, i want to be able to grow my own damn Nirnroot, and find various plans with which to build my own dwemer constructs. There should be more than 13 alchemical ingredients. I never wanted to pick this game apart, and i realize the have to stretch out released content to keep the game alive and give us continuing reasons for handing them money, but man...

/rant off, sorry.
---
"Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."