Target lock?

• Topic Archived
5 years ago#1
I would really like that! In Oblivion, I liked to have a couple people follow me, but once some $h!t popped off, i would usually hit one of my guys/gals by accident a few times, sometimes killing them.

I would really like some option to select or de-select that will keep you from accidentally hitting, or killing, your followers.

A revive or ressurect spell would be cool too. I know you could do it through a console command in Oblivion, but not hitting them in the first place would be so much nicer than reviving them once you accidentally killed them.

I have tried to keep up with the latest info on Skyrim, and have not seen anything about target lock mentioned. Has anyone seen any info on this?
I didn't do it for you.
5 years ago#2
naw target lock will never be implemented. And a revive spell will never be used! I hope. Crossing fingers for some real necromancy I want to be the King of Worms this game
5 years ago#3
There is some kind of auto-aiming, but I don't think we know exactly how it works yet.
My Kingdom Hearts videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fippe949
It's Fippe not Flippe!
5 years ago#4
The thing is, even if you have target locking, would that save NPCs who randomly decide to walk between you, and the guy your about to shoot? I suspect this is an issue that just has to be worked around, or *maybe* can eventually be solved by making AIs more effectively aware of firing lines.
"Huh. I guess it exploded more thoroughly than I anticipated. . ." -Hermes
5 years ago#5
pandabosch posted...
naw target lock will never be implemented. And a revive spell will never be used! I hope. Crossing fingers for some real necromancy I want to be the King of Worms this game

Me too so bad! I was hoping for this in Oblivion, but it didn't happen :(
I used to be in a band, now I just play with myself.
5 years ago#6
Yeah there is auto-aim in some kind of form. The quotes on it have been a little vague, but it sounds like what it does is help you hit bad guys rather than enemies in big fights (where in Oblivion you'd hit friendlies 3 times before you'd finally hit a bad guy in a fight.) They're calling it target magnetism.

Hopefully it isn't literally auto aim but rather a bias to hit a bad guy rather than a good guy when the two are close together.
5 years ago#7
I'm wondering if it's just something for 3rd person view, or at least if that's the main reason they are putting it in.
5 years ago#8
**bad guys rather than good guys

Quite a typo I did there xP
5 years ago#9
Someone_Else_ posted...
**bad guys rather than good guys

Quite a typo I did there xP

Naw, i can't choose which one to hit either! :P.
Lost Karma Counter: 3
PSN: kdread1
5 years ago#10
It will be something like Fallout 3's center of gravity (which is to say, projectiles are drawn towards the center of mass of your target.) A significantly irritating feature. Fortunately enough, it's but five minute's work to mod out of the game entirely.
Once again snatching defeat,
From the jaws of victory.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived