Target lock?

#1ZhangYidePosted 3/31/2011 6:02:55 AM
I would really like that! In Oblivion, I liked to have a couple people follow me, but once some $h!t popped off, i would usually hit one of my guys/gals by accident a few times, sometimes killing them.

I would really like some option to select or de-select that will keep you from accidentally hitting, or killing, your followers.

A revive or ressurect spell would be cool too. I know you could do it through a console command in Oblivion, but not hitting them in the first place would be so much nicer than reviving them once you accidentally killed them.

I have tried to keep up with the latest info on Skyrim, and have not seen anything about target lock mentioned. Has anyone seen any info on this?
---
I didn't do it for you.
#2pandaboschPosted 3/31/2011 6:15:57 AM
naw target lock will never be implemented. And a revive spell will never be used! I hope. Crossing fingers for some real necromancy I want to be the King of Worms this game
#3Fippe94Posted 3/31/2011 6:31:11 AM
There is some kind of auto-aiming, but I don't think we know exactly how it works yet.
---
My Kingdom Hearts videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fippe949
It's Fippe not Flippe!
#4metaphysicianPosted 3/31/2011 7:20:57 AM
The thing is, even if you have target locking, would that save NPCs who randomly decide to walk between you, and the guy your about to shoot? I suspect this is an issue that just has to be worked around, or *maybe* can eventually be solved by making AIs more effectively aware of firing lines.
---
"Huh. I guess it exploded more thoroughly than I anticipated. . ." -Hermes
#5HawkeyeCH13Posted 3/31/2011 2:14:41 PM
pandabosch posted...
naw target lock will never be implemented. And a revive spell will never be used! I hope. Crossing fingers for some real necromancy I want to be the King of Worms this game

Me too so bad! I was hoping for this in Oblivion, but it didn't happen :(
---
I used to be in a band, now I just play with myself.
#6Someone_Else_Posted 3/31/2011 6:39:59 PM(edited)
Yeah there is auto-aim in some kind of form. The quotes on it have been a little vague, but it sounds like what it does is help you hit bad guys rather than enemies in big fights (where in Oblivion you'd hit friendlies 3 times before you'd finally hit a bad guy in a fight.) They're calling it target magnetism.

Hopefully it isn't literally auto aim but rather a bias to hit a bad guy rather than a good guy when the two are close together.
#7SlakrPosted 3/31/2011 7:47:44 PM
I'm wondering if it's just something for 3rd person view, or at least if that's the main reason they are putting it in.
#8Someone_Else_Posted 3/31/2011 9:33:37 PM
**bad guys rather than good guys

Quite a typo I did there xP
#9kdread1Posted 4/1/2011 1:13:33 AM
Someone_Else_ posted...
**bad guys rather than good guys

Quite a typo I did there xP

Naw, i can't choose which one to hit either! :P.
---
Lost Karma Counter: 3
PSN: kdread1
#10Darksaber310Posted 4/1/2011 2:25:01 AM
It will be something like Fallout 3's center of gravity (which is to say, projectiles are drawn towards the center of mass of your target.) A significantly irritating feature. Fortunately enough, it's but five minute's work to mod out of the game entirely.
---
Once again snatching defeat,
From the jaws of victory.