Throwing Knives, Crossbows... ect.

#1OkoLmPosted 6/8/2011 6:35:04 PM
Would be really cool.
But do you think they'll be implemented?
#2LeBurns63Posted 6/8/2011 6:42:59 PM
MW had the throwing daggers, throwing stars, darts, etc. and while they were cool, they were not very practical. Taking them out in OB was a good move. I doubt they would add them back.
---
"The trouble with on-line quotes, it is hard to determine whether or not they are indeed genuine" -George Washington
#3goldenmouthPosted 6/8/2011 6:45:03 PM
Burhenn63 posted...
MW had the throwing daggers, throwing stars, darts, etc. and while they were cool, they were not very practical.

what?

where is all this ignorance coming from? >_>
#4garrett_danielsPosted 6/8/2011 6:48:31 PM
Spears and crossbows are already confirmed to not be available in Skyrim. I don't think they have said anything about throwing weapons but I wouldn't expect them to return.
#5OkoLm(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2011 6:55:22 PM
Burhenn63 posted...
MW had the throwing daggers, throwing stars, darts, etc. and while they were cool, they were not very practical. Taking them out in OB was a good move. I doubt they would add them back.

Um, since when was completely removing an item the best way to combat said items ineffectiveness?

It's too bad that crossbows are a confirmed nay =(.
#6ZTIger5Posted 6/8/2011 7:02:33 PM
Burhenn63 posted...

Umm... there was a throwing knife, but that's about it aside from frag and semtex grenades. And they didn't take the knife out entirely in BO, replacing it with a tomahawk. And as a little correction, that was MW2, MW1 didn't have the knife.

Either way, that's a little off-topic since they're completely different companies. New Vegas has throwing knives and spears, so they might put something like that in Skyrim, which would be pretty cool. I can see throwing knives going under Sneak with daggers. A crossbow would be neat, but they might not have the technology to make one effective, explaining it's possible exclusion. I would prefer a greatbow that provides greater range and power with less mobility and attack speed. Also, adding spikes and maybe armor to the front of bows to make them usable at close range (not as effective as melee weapons, naturally) would be pretty awesome.
---
I'm crazy. Get used to it.
#7OkoLm(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2011 7:06:51 PM
ZTIger5 posted...
Burhenn63 posted...

Umm... there was a throwing knife, but that's about it aside from frag and semtex grenades. And they didn't take the knife out entirely in BO, replacing it with a tomahawk. And as a little correction, that was MW2, MW1 didn't have the knife.

Either way, that's a little off-topic since they're completely different companies. New Vegas has throwing knives and spears, so they might put something like that in Skyrim, which would be pretty cool. I can see throwing knives going under Sneak with daggers. A crossbow would be neat, but they might not have the technology to make one effective, explaining it's possible exclusion. I would prefer a greatbow that provides greater range and power with less mobility and attack speed. Also, adding spikes and maybe armor to the front of bows to make them usable at close range (not as effective as melee weapons, naturally) would be pretty awesome.

LOL I think burhnhen63 meant Morrowind X[]. Though I agree with you about the weapons.
#8goldenmouthPosted 6/8/2011 7:07:39 PM
ZTIger5 posted...

HA HA HA HA
you never played Morrowind, eh?

Either way, that's a little off-topic since they're completely different companies.

you're the only one off-topic, bruddah. ^_^
#9OkoLm(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2011 7:09:35 PM
I don't think bows will get much attention, though. Because of the one-hit kills already making them overpowered.
#10ZTIger5Posted 6/8/2011 7:17:55 PM
Oh... *facepalm* When I saw "MW" I instantly assumed he meant Modern Warfare. But no, I've never played Morrowind; Oblivion was my first TES experience. Sorry about my little outburst of idiocy and ignorance. At least the rest of my post has some good points, right?
---
I'm crazy. Get used to it.