Wood-Cutting and Crafting Arrows

#1crashzxPosted 6/15/2011 1:28:17 AM
With the inclusion of various crafting elements in Skyrim (smithing, mining, wood-cutting, etc. . .) and the revelation that arrows will be more of a rarity than previous TES games, do you think the wood-cutting discipline will allow players to craft their own arrows similar to how you'll be able to create steel/iron weapons via smithing?
---
"The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called 'aglets'. Their true purpose is sinister."
#2Lord_BadmagicPosted 6/15/2011 3:50:09 AM(edited)
Maybe, maybe not... probably not its Beth.

Then again, PC = Mods, even if they don't allow it someone else will if its remotely possible.
---
"Whatever blows your hair back"
#3-shinobi904-Posted 6/15/2011 8:45:20 AM
It seems like this game is going to have a "Risen" feel to it. I doubt there will be arrow crafting..there IS always mods.
---
-shinobi904
#4Grey_GonzalesPosted 6/15/2011 9:49:45 AM
Uhh in Risen you chopped a tree indefinitely without gaining wood.

Skyrim sounds nothing like that.

What I want to know is if trees can be permanently cut down? Could you clear a forest, and/or replant it.
---
Posted by Action
I swear, this post is like a giant flashbang grenade of concentrated stupid.
#5SlakrPosted 6/15/2011 10:23:17 AM
If it's anything like Oblivion, the trees would regrow in 3 days. . .
#6Apoc23xPosted 6/15/2011 11:23:19 AM
i really hope we can craft our own arrows since the archer play style is always my favorite. when i heard arrows would be more rare i got a bit worried that i would have to actually pick up one of those pointy stabbing things
#7-shinobi904-Posted 6/15/2011 11:38:28 AM
qwertasdfgzxcvb posted...
Uhh in Risen you chopped a tree indefinitely without gaining wood.

Skyrim sounds nothing like that.

What I want to know is if trees can be permanently cut down? Could you clear a forest, and/or replant it.

"Uhh" I suppose I could have been more clear...Risen simulated what it would feel like living in an unfamiliar world. This was enhanced through "life-like" actions and activities. These actions varied from sleeping, crafting, cooking, digging, sawing, and so on.

From all information given this far, I assume Skyrim will try to simulate in the same respects as Risen. So, how do I feel about crafting arrows? I hope the crafting system is more amazing than most MMO's out right now, but I don't see it being much better than that of Risen.

Although, there IS always mods...
---
-shinobi904
#8Hime_KunPosted 6/15/2011 12:31:29 PM
[i]"Uhh" I suppose I could have been more clear..[/i]

Was it really necessary to put [i]uhh[/i] in parenthesis when imitating the other guy? That was obnoxious. >, >

If bows are supposed to be powerful, then the rarity of arrows should serve to counteract that. However if there was a cheap and easy way to collect arrows, i.e woodcrafting as is theorized here, that could serve to tip the balance. Perhaps arrows would be an advanced product, or else the arrows churned out at lower levels would be of very poor quality... assuming that woodcrafting had levels, that is. Which it may not, I dunno.
---
Slice of Heaven; Control All Hearts; Terminate Others' Ascensions.
#9nigelnombPosted 6/15/2011 2:20:41 PM
It will probly be a perk.