Dragonborns' race ?

#1bgkrisPosted 8/31/2011 1:55:13 AM

Hello, i suppouse you watched the trailer of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim so my question is what race do you think the Dragonborn is? In the Skyrim wiki they say that most of the dragonborns before him were from the imperial race, but as you can see in the trailer he is dressed like a barbarian or something and there is snow all around him, So i think he may be from the Nord race added in Skyrim and their description in the wiki kind of matches the dragonborn from the trailer.

#2kdread1Posted 8/31/2011 2:17:29 AM
Tiber Septim was supposedly Nord...

So, probably Nord
---
Lost Karma Counter: 3
PSN: kdread1
#3shocke_3Posted 8/31/2011 2:22:49 AM
Whatever you want him to be.

They'll probably go with the vague "(s)he was a (wo)man of highly disputed description..." in canon.
---
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.
#4bgkris(Topic Creator)Posted 8/31/2011 2:27:19 AM

Its just i want him to be like in the trailer, like the developer tought he would be. I think he is Nord for now.

#5shocke_3Posted 8/31/2011 2:37:10 AM
The fellow you've seen in the promos is a Nord.

I feel I must stress the point that being a Nord is no more "right" than being any other race, in terms of canon and from the perspective of the developers.
---
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.
#6DuneManPosted 8/31/2011 2:41:43 AM
The way they set it up, the dragon's soul can be in any humanoid body.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#7ManiacKawaiiPosted 8/31/2011 6:19:26 AM

it's not like dragonborn supposed to be nord

just imagine how hard it is to attract newcomers to the franchise if there's lizard-man in horned helmet on the box cover?

#8sanas_thirituPosted 8/31/2011 6:23:31 AM
I want a very sophisticated dragon born - so dark elf for me
---
"Evolution is false. Men didnot descend from monkeys" - sanas thiritu
#9TsengPosted 8/31/2011 7:53:08 AM
If the guy in the trailers was a Breton, the same people would be saying 'should I play this as a Breton cause that's what the devs did?' There is no 'right' race. Philosophically speaking that is, with personal bias set aside. Play what you want. I'm going to play as a Nord because I always play as Imperial or Redguard. I'm not a big fan of the beast races. Khajit are ok, shifty eyed bastards, but Argonians make me want to go on a killing spree.
#10meiyukiPosted 8/31/2011 8:12:11 AM
I feel I must stress the point that being a Nord is no more "right" than being any other race, in terms of canon and from the perspective of the developers.

Actually I think in some of the games they have a loose idea of what is right but intentionally leave it open enough that it doesn't matter. MINOR SPOILERS FOR MORROWIND.

When you're doing the quest to be hortator of house telvanni, if you're playing a female character Therana I think it was will laugh and say something along the lines of "ha this is great who'd have the I'd see the nerevarine, and lord nerevar would be reborn a woman."

Like I say it's vague, and it's not outright saying "you're playing wrong" lore surrounding the character you play it never constructed force a correct character, but you just get the feeling they devs had something in mind for who you should be even if it's not required for the story. I would guess for Skyrim they see your character as a nord male even though the story is being constructed such that it doesn't matter. But yes you all should play what you like, it won't really change the story playing one race or another.