Can you change difficulty at any time?

#1btaylorstlPosted 11/11/2011 8:37:33 AM
This is my first TES game and I have very little idea what I'm doing, especially since there doesn't seem to be a manual available for this game yet (at least on Steam.) I was wondering what the consequences were for changing the difficulty level. I figure I'd leave it on the default (Adept) I think, and just see how it goes, but I'd like to know if there are any side effects or consequences to changing the difficulty in the middle of the game (if you even can.)
---
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/29/11
#2ZegimaPosted 11/11/2011 8:38:09 AM
Yes just go into the gameplay option in the systems tab.
#3btaylorstl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 8:40:56 AM
Do you know if it affects things like experience points and leveling? It's good to know it can be changed, but I'd like to know if there are any gameplay consequences other than, you know, it just being easier or harder.
---
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/29/11
#4shadeauxPosted 11/11/2011 8:45:16 AM
In previous TES games changing the difficulty just made the enemies harder- XP would be increased in some ways since you level based on how many sword swings, and since on hard the enemies have more life, you swing your sword more. But for the most part the only difference would be increased HP on enemies with them dealing more dmg to you. Loot and such should be the same
---
Even a blind monkey finds an acorn
#5btaylorstl(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2011 8:48:07 AM
OK, so it sounds like it wouldn't be a big deal. Good to know. I just don't really know what I'm getting into here and I'll keep that in mind if the game gets frustratingly difficult for my noob arse.
---